Oz quick Starc hopes SL ODI performance will turn ‘dream’ into World Cup ‘reality’

October 27th, 2010 - 2:45 pm ICT by ANI  

Sydney, Oct 27(ANI): Australian fast bowler Mitchell Starc has said that his selection in the 15-man squad for the ODI series against Sri Lanka continues a stunning few weeks that he has had.

Starc, who made his international debut in India earlier this month, has been named in the squad for the three-match series, whereas experienced campaigners like Brett Lee and James Hopes have been snubbed.

“Sitting back three weeks before the season was due to start for NSW, guys like Brett Lee, Nathan Bracken and Stuart Clark are back for the state team [and] I was thinking my goal was just to cement my spot for the NSW team,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Starc, as saying.

“A week before we go away for the pre-season tournament I find myself in an Australian touring side,” he added.

The 20-year-old further said that he would use the opportunity to make an impact on national selectors for next year’s World Cup.

“If I get a game here in Australia it’s going to be phenomenal and my goal is just to try and perform in the games I do play, and make the most of these games and the domestic games before the World Cup squad is selected,” Starc said.

Starc was a late replacement in the team to tour India, replacing Josh Hazlewood.

He made his ODI debut in Visakhapatnam, where the left-arm fast bowler went wicketless and did not bat. (ANI)

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Sports |

Subscribe