Oz and Proteas sledging made me stronger, says KPMay 3rd, 2009 - 12:50 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 3 (ANI): Taking a potshot at the Australians ahead of the forthcoming Ashes series this summer, former England captain Kevin Pietersen has claimed that their sledging made him stronger in mind.
“Your abuse has only made me stronger,” The Sun quoted KP, as saying.
Regarded currently as England’s number one batsman, Pietersen suffered a torrent of taunts from both the Australians and his native South Africans when he toured those two countries, and he is expecting more flak this summer.”I have never heard abuse like the last time we were in Australia playing in The Ashes. My first England tour to South Africa in 2005 was probably the worst I have ever got, personally, but I expected that because I was playing against the country of my birth. However, Australia took me by surprise with the sheer levels of stick we got as a team. It was pretty relentless,” KP said.”But they say what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger and I know the experiences I’ve had in Australia and South Africa over the years have made me a far tougher person,” he added.Pietersen is hoping to help England achieve a hattrick this summer, a Test triumph over the West Indies, victory in the World Twenty20 and the regaining of The Ashes.
And as Pietersen prepares for Wednesday’s First npower Test against the Windies at Lord’s, he has clearly got one eye on the looming Battle of Oz. (ANI)
- Pietersen to ECB: Let me play full IPL or else... - Aug 08, 2012
- Ashes 2010: Sledging expected to continue - Dec 25, 2010
- Ponting not going anywhere: Micky Arthur - May 01, 2012
- Boasting Aussies are scared: Pietersen - Dec 23, 2010
- The Ashes: England not to engage in war of words with Aussies - Oct 23, 2010
- Pietersen aims to change his mental approach to succeed in Ashes series - Nov 07, 2010
- Pietseren's jab at South African-born cricketers in England team - Jul 17, 2011
- India have to prove they are world's top Test team: Botham - May 26, 2011
- Pietersen predicts England will beat S. Africa - Oct 04, 2009
- Moores sacking came at the right time: Pietersen - Dec 31, 2010
- Katich blames selectors for Australia's Ashes loss - Jun 11, 2011
- Flower confident that KP will part of England Ashes squad - Sep 19, 2010
- `I'll take the abuse on the Proteas tour as a compliment,' says KP - Oct 09, 2009
- Oz conqueror Arthur backs Aussies to win Ashes - Oct 18, 2010
- Ponting says will target `England weak links' Cook, KP during Ashes - Oct 26, 2010
Tags: australians, batsman, england captain, england tour, hattrick, kevin pietersen, kp, last time, oz, potshot, proteas, south africa, south africans, taunts, torrent, triumph, victory, west indies, windies, world twenty20