Out-of-form Ross Taylor sweats it out on off-dayMay 4th, 2012 - 8:01 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 4 (IANS) Delhi Daredevils batsman Ross Taylor hit the nets at the Ferozeshah Kotla here Friday in his bid to regain form ahead of the team’s highly anticipated Indian Premier League home match against Kolkata Knight Riders Monday.
Taylor rushed to the stadium in sweltering heat after attending a promotional event here.
“It was an off-day but Taylor has chosen to go to the ground,” said a team official.
The New Zealand captain has scored 11, 13, 12, 9, 15, 25, 6 in seven matches and his form is crucial for table-toppers Daredevils in the absence of Kevin Pietersen, who has gone back to England for national duty.
Taylor, making his return to the game after recovering from a broken arm, said the team will be missing Pietersen’s services and he was ready to step up to the plate.
“I have been out form, it is quite disappointing. But at the end of the day we all need to win it for the team and it is happening for now,” Taylor told reporters here.
“It would be hard to fill Pietersen’s boots but we all in the middle order are ready to stand up be counted in his absence,” he said adding that he might come at number three in the future matches.
Daredevils top the league standings with 16 points from 10 games.
- Table toppers Daredevils and Knight Riders clash Monday (Preview) - May 06, 2012
- Deccan Chargers hope to end losing streak against Daredevils - Apr 18, 2012
- Sekar backs Daredevils to bounce back in style - May 14, 2012
- Daredevils opt to field against Pune Warriors - Apr 21, 2012
- Mumbai Indians opt to field against Daredevils - Apr 27, 2012
- Daredevils look to avoid complacency against Rajasthan - Apr 28, 2012
- Daredevils opt to bat against Knight Riders - May 07, 2012
- Daredevils opt to bat against Rajasthan Royals - Apr 29, 2012
- Daredevils aim to again top the table (Preview) - May 09, 2012
- Deccan Chargers opt to bat against Delhi Daredevils - Apr 19, 2012
- Daredevils opt to field against Royal Challengers - May 17, 2012
- Daredevils beat Kings XI to march into IPL play-offs (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- Knight Riders go on top with six-wicket win over Daredevils (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Kings XI opt to bat against Daredevils - May 15, 2012
- Daredevils beat Rajasthan in last ball thriller (Lead) - Apr 29, 2012
Tags: absence, batsman, boots, broken arm, daredevils, england, game, home match, kevin pietersen, knight riders, kotla, league home, league standings, New Delhi, new zealand, premier league, ross taylor, sweltering heat, table toppers, zealand captain