Oregon Ducks Convincingly Defeats New MexicoSeptember 5th, 2010 - 9:39 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Eugene, Sep 5, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Autzen Stadium at Eugene in the state of Oregon was witness to a stunning victory by the Oregon Ducks as the team went on to beat the New Mexico Lobos by an impressive 72-0 blowout. Kenjon Barner, who was the replacement for running back LaMichael James for the Oregon Ducks was able to play a significant role to make sure that his team is able to take lead over their opponents. The backup running back was delivered five touchdowns in the first half while he also ran for a career-high 147 yards that was instrumental in ensuring that his team was able to overpower the New Mexico Lobos.
Apart from Kenjon Barner, another player who won wide accolades for his performance during Saturday night’s game was quarterback Darron Thomas picked up five touchdowns while he also went on to complete 13 of 23 passes for 220 yards during the clash against New Mexico which was his debut game for the Oregon Ducks. The defense of the Oregon Sucks was indeed impressive as it intercepted two passes as well as three fumbles which were all later recovered by the defenders of the team. The manner in which the team was successful in turning the course of the game in their favor was surely one of the highlights of last night’s match.
After registering a convincing triumph over the New Mexico Lobos during Saturday night’s season opener, the expectations from the team would definitely be immensely high when the team battles it out with the Tennessee Volunteers next week. The game between Oregon Ducks and the Tennessee Volunteers would be held in Knoxville.
- Cam Newton And Darron Thomas Decided BCS National Championship's Fate - Jan 11, 2011
- Cam Newton & Darron Thomas battle it out - Jan 11, 2011
- TCU- Oregon State University Game Ends 30-21 - Sep 05, 2010
- BCS National Championship Will Clash Auburn And Oregon - Dec 05, 2010
- Auburn QB Cam Newton named Heisman Trophy Award winner - Dec 12, 2010
- Auburn University Registers 52-26 Triumph Over Arkansas State - Sep 05, 2010
- Kerry Collins Replaces Injured Vince Young, Guides Titans To Victory - Oct 19, 2010
- Indianapolis Colts Vs Tennessee Titans : Match Updates - Dec 10, 2010
- Titans Receiver Kenny Britt Scores His First Touchdown Against Texas - Nov 24, 2009
- National Championship Title Bagged By Auburn Tigers - Jan 11, 2011
- Stealers to face Packers in Super Bowl after 24-19 victory over Jets - Jan 24, 2011
- Jeremiah Masoli Suspended For One Year - Mar 13, 2010
- USC Vs Oregon- Oregon Secures A Win - Nov 01, 2009
- North Carolina Football Investigation Weighs Down Heavily On The Team In Season Opening Game - Sep 05, 2010
- Derek Anderson' Future Depends On Monday Night's Matt Leinart Vs Vince Young Game? - Aug 23, 2010
Tags: autzen stadium, barner, blowout, clash, darron thomas, debut game, fumbles, gina gomez, match, new mexico lobos, opponents, oregon ducks, saturday night, season opener, state of oregon, stunning victory, tennessee volunteers, triumph, witness