Oram, Ryder and Mills recalled for India-Kiwi ODI seriesFebruary 28th, 2009 - 2:55 pm ICT by ANI
Wellington (New Zealand), Feb.28 (ANI): The New Zealand cricket squad for the first three one day internationals (ODI) against India announced today features the return of Jacob Oram, Jesse Ryder and Kyle Mills, all of who were out of the squad with different injuries.
Ewen Thompson and Nathan McCullum from the Twenty20 squad have been omitted.
Stuff.co.nz quoted selection panel chairman Glenn Turner as saying that the squad was a strong one, which reflected the sizeable pool of players in consistent good form at international and domestic levels.
The selectors had decided not to include a second spinner in the initial ODI squad, Turner said.
“Knowing the way the Indians play spin bowling in limited overs cricket, we think the attack will benefit from having an extra seamer,” Turner said.
Turner said it was fortunate Mills was fit again after injury as his recent form with the new ball in limited overs matches had been outstanding.
Turner said the squad had been named only for the first three matches, to allow other players the opportunity to find form in the next round of the domestic State Championship, and in the New Zealand A side.
The first ODI is at Napier on March 3, followed by games at Wellington on March 6 and Christchurch on March 8.
The squad is: Daniel Vettori (captain), Neil Broom, Ian Butler, Grant Elliott, Martin Guptill, Brendon McCullum, Kyle Mills, Iain O”Brien, Jacob Oram, Jesse Ryder, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor. (ANI)
- Black Caps pick uncapped Woodcock in World Cup squad - Jan 19, 2011
- New Zealand include seven rookies among World Cup probables - Dec 22, 2010
- Black Caps boost batting line-up for Napier ODI - Jan 31, 2011
- Black Caps move power hitters down the order for ODI against Pak - Jan 21, 2011
- James Franklin left out of New Zealand Cricket contract - Jul 01, 2011
- Taylor named New Zealand captain for Sri Lanka tri-series - Jun 27, 2010
- Ryder named in New Zealand's preliminary squad for T20 World Cup - Mar 06, 2010
- New Zealand elect to bat against Pakistan - Mar 08, 2011
- Can unpredictable New Zealand spring a surprise? (World Cup Countdown) - Jan 31, 2011
- Jamie How called as cover for Daniel Flynn - Mar 24, 2009
- Rob Nicol named in 'injury hit' New Zealand Twenty20 World Cup squad - Mar 31, 2010
- New Zealand include new faces for Bangladesh series - Jan 25, 2010
- Dhoni wins toss again, India to bat in second ODI - Mar 06, 2009
- Oram selected for Twenty20 World Cup - Apr 07, 2009
- New Zealand inflict 97-run defeat on Canada (Roundup) - Mar 13, 2011
Tags: brendon mccullum, captain neil, daniel vettori, ewen, glenn turner, guptill, jacob oram, kyle mills, neil broom, new zealand cricket, o brien, odi series, odi squad, panel chairman, ross taylor, seamer, selection panel, selectors, strong one, wellington new zealand