Only children spectators for Ajax-AZ rematchJanuary 13th, 2012 - 6:01 pm ICT by IANS
The Hague (Netherlands), Jan 13 (IANS) The decision of the Dutch football association (KNVB) to allow only children up to 12 years age to the cup match between Ajax and AZ Alkmaar has led to a massive demand for tickets.
The interest was so overwhelming that Ajax temporarily halted the ticket request process to handle 14,000 applications already in queue, Xinhua reported. The children would be accompanied by supervisors for the match Jan 19.
On Dec 21, the match between Ajax and AZ was suspended after an Ajax fan entered the field and attacked AZ goalkeeper Esteban Alvarado from the back. After the incident, AZ decided not to continue and the match was abandoned.
The KNVB earlier ordered the match to be replayed without spectators but Ajax put forth the idea of allowing only children to watch the game.
- Suspended Ajax-AZ match to be replayed without spectators - Dec 28, 2011
- Dutch pitch invader sentenced to six months imprisonment - Dec 30, 2011
- Parents of Ajax fan are in hiding for fear of reprisal - Dec 24, 2011
- Dutch Cup match suspended after fans attack goalkeeper - Dec 22, 2011
- Dutch Cup match abandoned after keeper kicks fan - Dec 22, 2011
- Van Gaal to coach Dutch national team - Jul 07, 2012
- Krul, Fer withdraw from Dutch squad for World Cup qualifier - Sep 10, 2012
- Van Marwijk drops Maduro, Emanuelson in Dutch Euro 2012 squad - May 16, 2012
- Dutch title race wide open after defeats of PSV and AZ - Feb 20, 2012
- Ajax title party delayed despite win over FC Twente - Apr 30, 2012
- Ajax signs Schone, lures Narsingh and Moisander - Apr 20, 2012
- Dutch football league title becomes two-team race - Mar 26, 2012
- Pieters to miss Euro 2012 due to foot injury - May 08, 2012
- Ajax close in on Dutch title - Apr 23, 2012
- Ajax lose El Hamdaoui, Vertonghen in transfers - Jul 12, 2012