One militant killed in encounter with police in TripuraJuly 25th, 2008 - 8:15 pm ICT by ANI
Khowai (Tripura), July 25, (ANI): One All Tripura Tiger Force (ATTF) militant was killed at Khowai in an encounter between the police and the militant group today.
The encounter occurred around 4 a.m. The police party laid an ambush at Ganda Basti after receiving a tip off that a group of armed ATTF extremists were in the area.
On being challenged by the Police party, ATTF extremists opened fire.
Extremists fled away leaving the dead body of one extremist with bullet injuries. Police also recovered AK-81 rifle -1, Magazine-03, AK-series live Rds -71, Camera 1 and other incriminating papers of ATTF extremists from the spot.
The body of extremist was identified as Kashiram Reang (41).
This is the second successful police operations in Khowai sector during this week. On July 20, the police recovered one AK-66 rifle with ammunition near Tuihaching
An Improvised Explosive Device (IED) explosive was recovered in Jamirlong forest area, and Assam Rifles personnel recovered a. 38 revolver and another .22 revolver.
Earlier a National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) extremist namely Manindra Debbarma (35) along with two collaborators Maba Kishore Jamatia (38) and Mukta Ch. Jamatia (35) surrendered before officer in-charge Killa SB camp at Killa.
During surrender they deposited two CMG. (ANI)
- Militant killed in Tripura - Jul 22, 2012
- Three Tripura militants surrender with weapons - Jul 04, 2012
- 13 Bangladesh-trained rebels surrender in Tripura - Jul 02, 2010
- Ten Tripura militants surrender with weapons - Nov 03, 2011
- Tripura militants recruiting youth, warns intelligence - Jun 21, 2012
- Youths axe father in Tripura village - Apr 20, 2012
- Nine Tripura terrorists flee Bangladesh, surrender - May 17, 2011
- Former separatist held in Tripura for stealing funds - Dec 19, 2010
- 13 ATTF militants from Bangladesh surrender in Tripura - Jul 02, 2010
- Former Tripura extremists to block national highway - Dec 07, 2011
- Six tribal separatists surrender in Tripura - Oct 16, 2009
- Linkages between northeast terrorists continue: Government - Oct 20, 2011
- Terrorists reviving outfits in Tripura, says police chief - Aug 21, 2012
- Six tribal separatists surrender in Tripura - Nov 09, 2009
- Tribal militants abduct six people in Tripura - Jul 01, 2011
Tags: ak series, ambush, ammunition, assam rifles, attf, basti, cmg, collaborators, encounter, explosive device, extremist, extremists, forest area, militant group, mukta, national liberation front, police operations, revolver, surrender, tiger force