On the mend Gazza to be locked in a freezer to beat his demonsJanuary 26th, 2009 - 12:09 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan.26 (ANI): Troubled former England football star Paul Gascoigne is to be locked in a freezer to help him beat his demons, reports the Daily Star.
Gazza is said to be making amazing progress in his battle against his booze addiction and now medics at his rehab clinic now plan to give him ground-breaking Kriotherapy in a bid to boost his recovery.
He is to be placed in a special chamber that uses liquid nitrogen to plunge the temperature to -135C. Participants spend just three minutes inside it. Their blood rushes to the centre of the body and stimulates its natural defences.
Medics reckon the treatment, popular with top athletes, helps beat conditions like depression, stress and osteoporosis.
Since Christmas, Gazzas pals say he has stunned medics with his progress at former England teammate Tony Adamss Sporting Chance clinic. He has been working out in the gym three times a day and now boasts a six-pack.
Doctors reckon Kriotherapy could help his fight back to full fitness. An insider said: Its the perfect treatment for a former sports star like Gazza, who has suffered some long-term effects from his distinguished career. (ANI)
- HobNob munching Gazza says cheating death in crash beat booze addiction - Aug 21, 2010
- No end to 'glazed and legless' Gazza's drinking woes - Nov 05, 2010
- Gazza's eight-week jail sentence suspended by Newcastle court - Dec 10, 2010
- Gazza getting offers to play footie again to beat his demons - Jan 16, 2009
- 'I've already died twice,' says Gazza - Mar 11, 2011
- 'Sick man' Gazza wants 12-week rehab programme to work - Jul 22, 2010
- Gazza checks into rehab again - Jul 15, 2010
- Gazza determined to beat his drink, drugs demons - Jan 24, 2009
- Gazza looks like 'Elephant Man' after car smash - Jun 17, 2010
- Gazza accused of 'groping shopgirl' - Jul 20, 2010
- Gazza faces Christmas behind bars after failing to appear before court - Nov 12, 2010
- Gazza ticked off after street kick about with nephew - Aug 24, 2010
- 'I'm an alcoholic, I'm ill, but I'm not a bad person,' says Gazza - Aug 23, 2010
- Drinking himself to death is Gazza''''s greatest fear - Feb 27, 2009
- Eric Clapton says he can rid Gazza of his booze addiction - Sep 23, 2008
Tags: booze, daily star, demons, england football, football star, former sports, freezer, liquid nitrogen, london jan, medics, osteoporosis, pals, paul gascoigne, rehab clinic, six pack, sporting chance, sports star, teammate, three minutes, three times