Olympics: Uzbek gymnast provisionally suspended for dopingJuly 29th, 2012 - 7:21 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 29 (IANS) An artistic gymnast from Uzbekistan has been provisionally suspended from the London Olympics after testing positive for a banned substance, the International Olympic Committee said Sunday.
Luiza Galiulina, 20, was found to have taken furosemide, a diuretic that can mask the presence of other prohibited drugs, in a sample submitted Wednesday, the IOC said.
It is the second doping-related exclusion during the Games.
Albanian weightlifter Hysen Pulaku was banned on Saturday after testing positive for steroids, the IOC said.
More than 100 athletes were prohibited from competing in London over doping offences that were uncovered in the six months leading up to the Games, the IOC announced Friday.
- Olympics: Uzbek gymnast suspended for doping (Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Olympic cycling: Russian cyclist Baranova expelled for doping - Aug 04, 2012
- IOC bans Syrian hurdler for doping - Aug 11, 2012
- U.S. judoka expelled from Olympics for cannabis - Aug 06, 2012
- Albanian lifter banned from London for steroids - Jul 28, 2012
- I thought I'd got away, says dope-tainted cyclist - Aug 04, 2012
- Murray's pups proudly display their master's medals (Olympics Diary) - Aug 08, 2012
- Olympics: Moroccan runner expelled for doping - Aug 04, 2012
- London Olympics to go down as Athletes' Games: IOC chief - Aug 13, 2012
- Brazilian swimmer banned for two years - Jun 28, 2012
- Police, paramilitary athletes fall into dope trap - Apr 22, 2012
- French steeplechase runner banned for 10 years - Aug 29, 2012
- Windies women's cricketer gets five-month ban - Nov 19, 2011
- Jamaican sprinter Mullings gets lifetime ban for doping offence - Nov 22, 2011
- Jamaican sprinter Mullings faces life ban - Nov 18, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,