Olympics: Ukrainian powers to men’s canoe sprint goldAugust 11th, 2012 - 4:31 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 11 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Yuriy Cheban of the Ukraine took the Olympic canoe sprint gold medal in the men’s 200 metres here Saturday.
Cheban, a Beijing bronze medallist in the 1,500 metres event, blasted out at the start and maintained his lead to take gold in 42.291 seconds.
The silver went to Jevgenij Shuklin of Lithuania, who timed 42.291, with Russia’s six-time world champion Ivan Shtyl taking bronze in 42.853.
- Olympics: Canoe sprint gold for New Zealand's Carrington - Aug 11, 2012
- Olympic Kayak single gold for Hungary - Aug 09, 2012
- Olympics: Weber, Dietze steer Germany to kayak double gold - Aug 09, 2012
- Olympics: Britain's McKeever speeds to canoe gold (Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Olympics: McKeever wins canoe gold - Aug 11, 2012
- Olympics: Czech Knapkova glides to rowing gold - Aug 04, 2012
- Australia glide to gold in men's 470 sailing - Aug 10, 2012
- Olympics: Hungarian duo wins Kayak gold - Aug 08, 2012
- Danes snatch rowing gold from Britain - Aug 04, 2012
- Galstyan wins first gold for Russia in judo - Jul 28, 2012
- Olympics: Women's four gives Hungary second Kayak gold - Aug 08, 2012
- US shooter Gray on target for rifle gold - Aug 04, 2012
- Russia's women retain chess Olympiad title - Sep 10, 2012
- Perfect Hancock grabs 2nd Olympic gold in skeet - Jul 31, 2012
- South Korea's Kim takes shooting gold in 25m pistol - Aug 02, 2012