Olympics tennis: gold for Belarus in mixed doublesAugust 6th, 2012 - 1:37 am ICT by IANS
London, Aug 6 (IANS/RIA Novosti) The Belarusian pair of Victoria Azarenka and Max Mirnyi held their nerve in a tiebreak for the gold medal to beat Britain’s Andy Murray and Laura Robson Sunday.
Murray was angling for his second gold of the day after beating Roger Federer to win the men’s singles, but he and Robson were defeated 2-6, 6-3, 10-8 on a tiebreak by Mirnyi and women’s world No. 1 Azarenka.
The bronze medal will be decided between Germany’s Christopher Kas and Sabine Lisicki and the US pair of Lisa Raymond and Mike Bryan later Sunday in a rain-delayed match.
- Paes-Vesnina in Wimbledon mixed doubles quarters - Jul 06, 2012
- Olympic tennis: Williams sets up final with Sharapova - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympics: Sharapova sweats to oust Robson in round 2 - Aug 01, 2012
- Olympics: Bhupathi-Bopanna seeded seventh, Federer top seed - Jul 26, 2012
- Olympic tennis: Azarenka reaches semifinals - Aug 02, 2012
- Olympic tennis: US flag blows away at ceremony - Aug 05, 2012
- Olympic wrestling : Lopez Nunez wins gold for Cuba - Aug 07, 2012
- Olympic wrestling: Rezaei wins gold for Iran - Aug 08, 2012
- Olympic tennis: Murray takes gold for Britain at Wimbledon - Aug 05, 2012
- Olympic wrestling: Russian Vorobieva pins down gold - Aug 10, 2012
- Olympic tennis: Williams sisters win doubles gold - Aug 05, 2012
- Olympic modern pentathlon: Lithuania's Asadauskaite wins last gold - Aug 13, 2012
- Olympic tennis: Williams destroys Sharapova to win gold - Aug 04, 2012
- French Open: World No.1 Azarenka crashes out - Jun 03, 2012
- Olympic taekwondo: Jade Jones seals gold for Britain - Aug 10, 2012
Tags: andy murray, belarus, bronze medal, gold medal, kas, lisa raymond, london, match, max mirnyi, mixed doubles, nerve, olympics, rain, ria novosti, robson, roger federer, sabine lisicki, tennis, tiebreak, victoria azarenka