Olympics security guard accused of insulting soldierJuly 31st, 2012 - 6:39 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, July 31 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A G4S security guard was recently accused of insulting a soldier. This incident occurred during the Olympic Games as they were both undertaking their duties. The security guard was accused of calling the soldier a “baby killer” and on top of that he spitted on him.
The main cause of the conflict was reported to be an argument about the war in Afghanistan. The incident occurred at the Lord’s cricket ground and it was firstly reported by Sun Newspaper. It occurred on a Saturday 28th July. This incidence interrupted the relationship between the soldiers and the security guards in general. The act was like an insult and it undermined to the soldiers at large.
However, the G4S apologized on behalf of the security guard and they promised that they will take immediate action on the accused Security Guard. The G4S said that they do not tolerate any form of misconduct caused by any of their member. They make sure that they take the immediate disciplinary actions.
The allegation are however not proven guilty, there are still some investigations that being undertaken to come out with the plain truth. The main aim of the military and the security guards is to ensure that security is maintained during the Olympics games but not to abuse each others right. This is a matter that should be administered to, to ensure that there are no future mistakes.
- Olympics: Security is top priority, says Cameron - Jul 27, 2012
- 1,200 British soldiers put on standby for Olympics - Jul 20, 2012
- Police : Vt. Farmer crushed cops cars with tractors - Aug 03, 2012
- Olympic water polo referees dropped for blown call - Aug 06, 2012
- UK deploys 1,200 additional troops for Olympic security - Jul 25, 2012
- Female London Olympic stadium guard arrested with explosives - Mar 31, 2011
- Pentagon condemns US soldiers posing with Afghan corpses - Apr 18, 2012
- 4,000 people to take part in London 2012 test event - Apr 24, 2012
- Akali Dal, SGPC oppose Tytler in Olympics delegation - Jul 09, 2012
- Liverpool striker Suarez banned for 8 games - Dec 21, 2011
- ICC insists Pakistani cricketers have a case to answer (Round Up) - Sep 03, 2010
- Olympics: Vijay shoots silver as boxer Vikas exits (Overall India Roundup) - Aug 04, 2012
- Vikas Krishan loses a bout he won five hours earlier (Lead) - Aug 04, 2012
- Coe promises 'safe and secure' Games - Jul 21, 2012
- Rogue Afghan soldier kills two British troops in southern Afghanistan - Mar 26, 2012
Tags: aim, allegation, baby killer, conflict, cricket, disciplinary actions, g4s security, insult, investigations, olympic games, olympics, olympics games, olympics security, plain truth, relationship, security guard, security guards, soldier, undertaking, war in afghanistan