Olympics: Indian triple jumper Renjith crashes outAugust 7th, 2012 - 6:08 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 7 (IANS) India’s triple jumper Renjith Maheshwary crashed out of the London Olympics, failing to qualify for the finals with a ‘No Mark’ at the Olympic Stadium here Tuesday.
Renjith, India’s sole male representative in the event, was shown the red flag in all three of his attempts as he each time over-stepped his take-off.
The Indian was the only contestant in the event not to register a jump.
Renjeth, thereby, failed to make even a single mark and finished last in the event.
Benjamin Compaore of France topped the qualification list with a jump of 17.06 metres.
Mayookha Johny, India’s sole woman triple jumper, too failed to qualify for the finals Friday. She finished a dismal 22nd overall with a best effort of 13.77 metres, which she got in her first attempt.
- Olympics: Hopes pinned on boxers Mary Kom, Devendro (Overall India Roundup) - Aug 08, 2012
- Olympics: Triple jumpers fail, hockey team's pathetic show continues (India roundup) - Aug 08, 2012
- Olympics: Triple jumpers fail, Saina gets rousing reception (India Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Triple jumper Mayookha out of Olympics - Aug 03, 2012
- Olympics: Krishna Poonia qualifies; Mayookha, Om Prakash out (Lead) - Aug 04, 2012
- Mayookha's coach yet to get clearance for London Games - Jul 21, 2012
- I will be happy if athletes improve their records: Bahadur singh - Jul 31, 2012
- Olympics: Shooter Vijay Kumar wins silver for India (India Roundup) - Aug 03, 2012
- World Athletics: India's Mayookha finishes 9th in long jump - Aug 28, 2011
- World Athletics: Mayookha qualifies for long jump finals - Aug 27, 2011
- Olympics: Vijay shines with silver, Saina's bronze hunt on (India Intro Roundup) - Aug 04, 2012
- Mayookha, Om Prakash win bronze in Asian Athletics (Lead) - Jul 09, 2011
- World Championships: Discus thrower Vikas Gowda qualifies for final round - Aug 29, 2011
- Mayookha, Om Prakash win bronze in Asian Athletics - Jul 09, 2011
- Olympics: Schedule of events involving Indian athletes Friday - Aug 03, 2012