Olympics: Indian rowers Sandeep-Manjeet in repechage (Lead)July 29th, 2012 - 6:03 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 29 (IANS) Indian rowers Sandeep Kumar and Manjeet Singh finished fourth in the first heat of the men’s lightweight double scull at the Eton Dorney but qualified for the repechage round in the Olympics here Sunday.
The Indian pair finished 6:56.60 at the Eton Dorney and will have another chance through the repechage to qualify for the knock-out round.
Another Indian rower, Sawarn Singh Virk, made the best of the repechage to enter the men’s single sculls quarterfinals after clocking 7:00.49 to finish first amongst five contestants.
The Indian was 3.42 seconds faster than the second-placed South Korean Dongyong Kim, who also entered the quarterfinals.
- Olympics: Saina, Vijender, Jai Bhagwan keep India's hopes alive (Evening Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Olympics: Saina, Jai Bhagwan stay on course as archers, shooters bow out (Overall Roundup) - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympics: Saina, Jai Bhagwan, Vijender add lustre to India's campaign (Intro Roundup) - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympics: Saina, Jai Bhagwan, Vijender add shine to India's campaign (Roundup) - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympics: Indian rowers out of medal contention (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Olympics: Indian rowers in sem-final - Jul 31, 2012
- Olympic rowing: Sandeep and Manjeet finish 19th - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympic rowing: Sawarn Singh finishes 16th in single sculls - Aug 03, 2012
- Three Indian rowers qualify for Olympics - Apr 29, 2012
- Olympics: Boxers shine as tennis duo knocked out (Overall Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- Olympics: Kashyap upsets seeded player, Devendro wins in style (Evening Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Olympics: Kashyap, Devendro shine on a dismal day (India Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- Schedule of events for Indian athletes Wednesday - Aug 01, 2012
- Reaching quarters will be good: Indian rowing coach - Jul 20, 2012
- Schedule of events involving Indian athletes at the London Olympics Sunday - Jul 29, 2012