Olympics: Chinese cycling team fined for ignoring ordersAugust 4th, 2012 - 3:11 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 4 (IANS) Chinese national cycling team was fined 200 CHF (Swiss franc) for failing to respect instructions from the commissaire for standing on the judges’ podium, said a communique issued by the cycling commissaires here.
According to the communique Friday, all the teams are reminded that no team members are allowed on the judges’ podium during competition, all inquires regarding decisions have to be made at the end of the competition, and no team members are allowed on the starters podium, stairs, ramps or railings during competition, reports Xinhua.
It also said that there are no appeals to decisions made by the panel, which means it denied Chinese cycling team’s appeal for the relegated silver.
Guo Shuang and Gong Jinjie had claimed what would have been a first Olympic cycling gold for China in the women’s team sprint, only to be relegated soon after for an “illegal changeover” Thursday.
Chinese cycling national team appealed to the UCI and International Olympic Committee for the relegation Friday.
- Olympic cycling: Germany take women's sprint gold after China demoted - Aug 03, 2012
- Olympic cycling: Britain's Pendleton holds on for keirin gold - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympics: Phelps takes his medal tally to 21; US overtake China (Overall Roundup) - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympics : Meares pips Pendleton to cycling gold - Aug 08, 2012
- Olympic gymnastics: Zou powers China to gold, Japan win silver - Jul 31, 2012
- China grab five golds in track cycling at Asian Games - Nov 17, 2010
- Olympic cycling: Britain take men's sprint gold - Aug 03, 2012
- Asian Games: Indian cyclists disappoint on opening day - Nov 13, 2010
- Ex-world cycling champion Rasmussen gets 18-month ban - Jul 05, 2012
- Tour de France winner Contador suspended due to doping case - Jan 27, 2011
- Gymnast Teng pulls out of Olympics - Jul 26, 2012
- CAS rejects India's appeal on Vikas Krishan - Aug 06, 2012
- China harvests in 'backyard' sports but challenges loom ahead of Olympics - Dec 27, 2011
- Olympics: Suhr soars over Isinbayeva, China still on top (World Roundup) - Aug 07, 2012
- Zoo animals have their own games (Olympic diary) - Aug 10, 2012
Tags: changeover, china, competition reports, cycling team, decisions, gong, international olympic committee, national cycling, olympics, podium, railings, ramps, relegation, stairs, starters, swiss franc, team members, team sprint, uci, xinhua