Olympics: Canoe sprint gold for New Zealand’s CarringtonAugust 11th, 2012 - 4:48 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 11 (IANS/RIA Novosti) World champion Lisa Carrington of New Zealand paddled to Olympic canoe sprint gold in women’s kayak single 200 metres event Saturday.
Carrington burst out of the pack with 50 metres remaining to win gold in a time of 44.638 seconds.
Ukraine’s Inna Osipenko-Radomska, who won Beijing gold and London silver in the 500 metres event, took another silver in 45.053.
Hungary’s Natasa Douchev-Janics also won her second medal of the Games with bronze in 45.128 sec.
Douchev-Janics claimed silver with partner Katalin Kovacs in the women’s kayak double Thursday.
- Olympics: Weber, Dietze steer Germany to kayak double gold - Aug 09, 2012
- Olympic Kayak single gold for Hungary - Aug 09, 2012
- Olympics: Women's four gives Hungary second Kayak gold - Aug 08, 2012
- Olympics: Britain's McKeever speeds to canoe gold (Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Olympics: McKeever wins canoe gold - Aug 11, 2012
- Olympics: Australia paddle to kayak four gold - Aug 09, 2012
- Olympics: Germany's Brendel paddles to canoe gold - Aug 08, 2012
- Olympics: German duo stroke to canoe gold - Aug 09, 2012
- Paralympic gold for Russia in women's long jump - Aug 31, 2012
- Olympics: Ukrainian powers to men's canoe sprint gold - Aug 11, 2012
- New Zealand's late dash brings rowing gold in sculls - Aug 02, 2012
- Olympics: Russia storms to canoe sprint double gold - Aug 11, 2012
- Olympic swimming: Clary shocks Lochte for 200m backstroke gold - Aug 03, 2012
- Olympics: Norway's Larsen takes Kayak sprint gold - Aug 08, 2012
- Olympics: Kromowidjojo blazes to 100m freestyle gold - Aug 03, 2012