Olympics athletics: Fraser-Pryce wins women’s 100m goldAugust 5th, 2012 - 4:25 am ICT by IANS
London, Aug 5 (IANS/CMC) Jamaican Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce handed the Caribbean its first gold medal of the London Olympics when she stormed to victory in the women’s 100 metres here Saturday night.
Running out of lane seven, the defending 100m Olympic champion Fraser-Pryce clocked 10.75 seconds to beat American Carmelita Jeter in a close finish.
Jeter was timed at 10.78 while Jamaican Veronica Campbell-Brown claimed bronze in a time of 10.81.
- Olympics: Pryce retains 100m crown to make history (Lead) - Aug 05, 2012
- Olympics: Fraser-Pryce upbeat ahead of 100-m semis - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympics: Francis tips Fraser-Pryce for sprint double - Aug 06, 2012
- Olympic athletics: Felix wins 200m gold - Aug 09, 2012
- Jamaican trio wins but Fraser-Pryce beaten again - Aug 27, 2012
- Bolt, Blake break meet records in Lausanne - Aug 24, 2012
- Olympics: US takes on the Caribbean in women's 200m final - Aug 08, 2012
- Jamaican sprinter appeals for help for junior athletes - Sep 10, 2012
- James gets Olympic warm-up win, Fraser-Pryce loses - Jul 15, 2012
- Bolt, Blake to lead Caribbean challenge - Aug 22, 2012
- Campbell-Brown eyes Rio 2016 despite London disappointment - Aug 14, 2012
- Olympics: Fraser-Pryce through to 200 semis, Walker falls - Aug 07, 2012
- Fraser-Pryce sends warning, Blake sizzles in New York - Jun 10, 2012
- Olympics: Veronica says it will be tough to retain 200m crown - Aug 02, 2012
- Bolt to lead Jamaican charge at World Championships - Aug 17, 2011