Olympic weightlifting: China’s Lin Qinfeng lifts 69-kg goldAugust 1st, 2012 - 1:59 pm ICT by IANS
London, August 1 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Lin Qingfeng dominated the men’s 69-kg competition to win China’s third weightlifting gold at the London Olympics.
Lin snatched 157 kg and added 187 kg in the clean and jerk to total 344 kg, a full 11 kilos more than silver medalist Triyatno of Indonesia Tuesday.
“The medal feels really heavy, but it feels good. It is worth all the hard work and training I did. I have been dreaming about this for two years,” Lin said.
“It was about revenge for the two golds we missed out on in the lower divisions.”
Romania’s Razvan Constantin Martin was just one kilo behind Triyatno with 332 kg for bronze.
“I am very happy. I didn’t expect to get silver as my target was bronze, like in 2008,” Triyatno said.
“I had already lifted enough for the bronze medal when the Korean failed. My coach then suggested that I add another disc to make it 188 kg. He said I had to lift it to get silver.”
It was a third gold for China in weightlifting.
Four-time world champion Mingjuan Wang won gold in the women’s 48 kg category Saturday, and her countrywoman Li Xueying triumphed in the 58 kg category Monday, setting two Olympic records.
- China's Li lifts Olympic gold in 58 kg, breaks record - Jul 31, 2012
- China's Wang finally lifts Olympic gold - Jul 29, 2012
- Olympic wrestling: Rezaei wins gold for Iran - Aug 08, 2012
- Olympics: Zielinski lifts Poland's first gold - Aug 04, 2012
- Russia unhappy at not winning weightlifting gold - Aug 16, 2012
- Maneza clinches Kazakhstan's 2nd weightlifting gold - Aug 01, 2012
- Olympic weightlifting: Ukraine's Torokhtiy wins 105kg event - Aug 07, 2012
- Olympics: North Korea's Om wins gold with record lift - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympics: Back injury dashes Russian weightlifter's hopes - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympic weightlifting: Record-breaker Lu lifts gold - Aug 02, 2012
- Olympic judo: France's Riner wins gold - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympics: North Korean weight-lifter breaks world record - Jul 31, 2012
- I'm closing in on world-beater Zhou: Russian weightlifter - Aug 16, 2012
- Olympic modern pentathlon: Lithuania's Asadauskaite wins last gold - Aug 13, 2012
- Olympics: Van Rijsselberge surfs to sailing Gold - Aug 07, 2012
Tags: august 1, bronze medal, bs, constantin, countrywoman, indonesia, kilo, li xueying, london olympics, olympic records, olympic weightlifting, olympics, qingfeng, razvan, revenge, ria novosti, romania, silver medalist, target, time world champion