Olympic water polo referees dropped for blown callAugust 6th, 2012 - 9:36 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Aug 6 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Two Olympic water polo referees were recently suspended for officiating any other match in the Olympics due to their dishonesty in affirming of a goal. Their names are Radoslaw Koryzna of Poland and Margeta of Slovenia.
A goal which was scored by Spain during the Olympic football match was disallowed by the referees despite of it crossing the goal line. This occurred during the match of Spain and Croatia. FINA was deceived by the referees and believed the results.
However, an official from Spain brought up the complain and it was considered as the truth thus causing the discontinuation of the referees. It was a rare incident that astonished people. Organizers and the other Olympic official informed the participant that the two referees will never be allowed to officiate any other game as long as Olympic is concerned.
Reports say that the two referees will not be allowed to officiate any women’s or men’s match at any cost because of their misconduct which is humiliating and unfair. This was to also serve as a form of moral lesson to any other referee who has such habit of being unfair to the participants. These are the current news in the Olympic Games that are going all through the media and the internet as well.
- Olympics: Britain handed tough draw in men's water polo - May 07, 2012
- It is an honour to be in India: Polo legend Gracida - Dec 18, 2011
- Euro 2012: Cassano and Balotelli send Italy to quarters - Jun 19, 2012
- Gagan sole Indian representative in swimming at London - Jul 07, 2012
- Olympics: Croatia wins men's handball bronze - Aug 12, 2012
- Champions League: Malaga beat Panathinaikos - Aug 23, 2012
- Footie referees may be biased based on play's direction of motion - Jul 08, 2010
- Euro 2012: England win over Ukraine - Jun 20, 2012
- Napoli coach Mazzarri blames referee for draw against Cesena - Feb 02, 2012
- Comfortable win for Spain in Euro warm-up - May 27, 2012
- World polo body hopeful of game getting back to Olympics - Dec 18, 2011
- Chess: India upset leaders Spain - Aug 16, 2012
- Euro 2012: Last-gasp Navas goal sends Spain through, Croatia out - Jun 19, 2012
- Euro 2012 Group C Preview: Ireland may decide who survive - Jun 05, 2012
- Olympics: Shooter Gagan wins bronze, Saina advances (Intro Roundup) - Jul 31, 2012
Tags: croatia, current news, discontinuation, dishonesty, fina, football match, goal line, habit, moral lesson, olympic football, olympic games, olympic official, olympic water polo, olympics, organizers, participant, participants, referee, referees, slovenia