Olympic volleyball: Italy beats Bulgaria for bronzeAugust 12th, 2012 - 6:37 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 12 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Italy beat Bulgaria by three sets to one to win the Olympic bronze medal in men’s volleyball here Sunday.
The Italians won 25-19, 23-25, 25-22, 25-21 to take their third Olympic bronze in the event since 1984.
Captain Cristian Savani led the scoring with 23 points, nearly the sum total of Bulgaria’s top scorers Vladimir Nikolov and Todor Aleksiev, who hit 12 apiece.
Russia, who ousted Bulgaria in the semi-finals, play Brazil in the final later.
- Olympic volleyball: Russia stun Brazil to win men's gold - Aug 12, 2012
- Olympic volleyball: Russia defeat Bulgaria to reach final - Aug 10, 2012
- Russia win men's volleyball World Cup - Dec 04, 2011
- Volleyball: Chennai spike Kerala to remain afloat - Jun 07, 2011
- Olympic volleyball: Russia beats Britain - Jul 29, 2012
- Kerala spike Haryana, enter volleyball semis - Dec 17, 2010
- National Volleyball: Easy win for Tamil Nadu, Railways (Lead) - Dec 13, 2010
- Russia's women's volleyball coach dies - Aug 29, 2012
- Olympics: France's Bresset scrambles to mountain bike gold - Aug 11, 2012
- Russia wins first Olympic basketball medal - Aug 12, 2012
- New Zealand's late dash brings rowing gold in sculls - Aug 02, 2012
- Olympics: Italian wins taekwondo gold - Aug 12, 2012
- Perfect Hancock grabs 2nd Olympic gold in skeet - Jul 31, 2012
- National Volleyball: Easy win for Railways - Dec 13, 2010
- Olympics: Gelana wins gold in women's marathon - Aug 05, 2012