Olympic tennis: Serena Williams beats ZvonarevaAugust 1st, 2012 - 7:42 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 1 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Serena Williams thrashed Russian No.2 Vera Zvonareva in the third round of the Olympic tennis tournament here Wednesday.
With all other matches at Wimbledon rained off, fourth seed Williams beat 13th seed Zvonareva 6-1, 6-0 in just 51 minutes playing under the roof on Centre Court.
Williams, who won Wimbledon last month, was dominant throughout, recording 32 winners to the Russian’s three and racking up 12 aces.
Williams will play either Danish eighth seed Caroline Wozniacki or Slovakia’s Daniela Hantuchova in the quarterfinals.
- Clijsters upsets Ivanovic at Olympics - Aug 01, 2012
- US Open, Day 2: Wozniacki out, Djokovic in second round (Roundup) - Aug 29, 2012
- Federer reaches Olympics quarterfinals - Aug 01, 2012
- Murray storms into US Open final - Sep 09, 2012
- US Open: Wozniacki-Serena semifinal, Zvonareva falls - Sep 09, 2011
- Olympic tennis: Azarenka reaches semifinals - Aug 02, 2012
- Olympic tennis: Sharapova saunters past Peer - Jul 30, 2012
- Azarenka takes tennis bronze for Belarus - Aug 04, 2012
- Wimbledon: Sania out of doubles, Bhupathi mixed doubles - Jun 27, 2010
- Olympic tennis: Sharapova in women's singles final - Aug 04, 2012
- Murray handed tricky Olympics first-round match - Jul 26, 2012
- Roddick to take on Djokovic at Olympics - Jul 30, 2012
- Williams survives scare to beat Shvedova - Jul 02, 2012
- Russia's women's volleyball coach dies - Aug 29, 2012
- Wimbledon: Sania-Elena seeded fourth, Paes-Bhupathi third - Jun 15, 2011
Tags: aces, caroline wozniacki, daniela hantuchova, dg, eighth seed, london, olympic tennis tournament, quarterfinals, ria novosti, serena williams, slovakia, tennis serena williams, vera zvonareva, wimbledon