Olympic tennis: France earn bronze in men’s doublesAugust 4th, 2012 - 11:31 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 4 (IANS/RIA Novosti) French duo Julien Benneteau and Richard Gasquet beat Spaniards David Ferrer and Feliciano Lopez in the men’s doubles Olympic bronze medal match Saturday.
After a spirited display in the first set, Ferrer and Lopez ran out of steam in the second to lose 7-6(4), 6-2.
France has the chance to take gold in the men’s doubles when Michael Llodra and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga face American twins Bob and Mike Bryan in the men’s doubles final later in the day.
- Olympic tennis: Bryan twins win gold for US - Aug 05, 2012
- Olympic tennis: Federer plays Murray in repeat of Wimbledon final (Lead) - Aug 04, 2012
- Tough draw for Indians in men's doubles tennis - Jul 26, 2012
- Tsonga edges Raonic in longest Olympic tennis match - Aug 01, 2012
- Olympics: Bhupathi-Bopanna seeded seventh, Federer top seed - Jul 26, 2012
- Davis Cup semifinals: Nadal plays Gasquet, Djokovic against Nalbandian - Sep 15, 2011
- Murray handed tricky Olympics first-round match - Jul 26, 2012
- Olympic tennis: Paes-Saina crash out of mixed doubles (Lead) - Aug 05, 2012
- Olympic tennis: Paes-Sania crash out of mixed doubles (Second Lead) - Aug 05, 2012
- Olympic tennis: Britain's Murray reaches semis - Aug 02, 2012
- Indian Wells: Paes-Stepanek advance, Bhupathi-Bopanna knocked out - Mar 11, 2012
- Olympic tennis: Rebel pair of Bhupathi-Bopanna knocked out (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- US Open: Azarenka, Stosur to meet in quarters - Sep 03, 2012
- Rusty Davydenko to open for Russia; Spain without Nadal - Jul 08, 2010
- Olympic tennis: Last chance for Paes and Bhupathi (Preview) - Jul 27, 2012
Tags: bob and mike, bob and mike bryan, david ferrer, dg, feliciano lopez, french duo, gold, jo wilfried tsonga, julien benneteau, match, michael llodra, olympic bronze medal, olympic tennis, ria novosti, richard gasquet, spaniards, steam, tennis france, twins, wilfried