Olympic tennis: Britain’s Murray reaches semisAugust 2nd, 2012 - 7:28 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 2 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Andy Murray moved a step closer to becoming Britain’s first Olympic singles tennis medallist since 1920, reaching the semi-finals with a straight-sets win over Spain’s Nicolas Almagro Thursday.
Murray wrapped up the match in less than an hour, winning 6-4, 6-1 for his third win in four matches against the world No.12.
Murray will face either Serbia’s Novak Djokovic or France’s Jo-Wilfried Tsonga for a place in the final with his opponent due to be decided later Thursday.
- Murray handed tricky Olympics first-round match - Jul 26, 2012
- French Open: Tsonga finishes off Wawrinka, Del Potro beat Berdych - Jun 04, 2012
- Olympics: Bhupathi-Bopanna seeded seventh, Federer top seed - Jul 26, 2012
- US Open, Day 2: Wozniacki out, Djokovic in second round (Roundup) - Aug 29, 2012
- Wimbledon: Murray to face Davydenko in first round - Jun 22, 2012
- Olympics: Djokovic says Federer is favourite for gold - Jul 27, 2012
- Olympic tennis: Federer beats del Potro in epic semifinal - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympic tennis: Murray takes gold for Britain at Wimbledon - Aug 05, 2012
- Olympic tennis: France earn bronze in men's doubles - Aug 04, 2012
- How Djokovic, Nadal reached French Open final - Jun 09, 2012
- Federer beats Djokovic to reach Wimbledon final - Jul 06, 2012
- Murray storms into US Open final - Sep 09, 2012
- Roddick to take on Djokovic at Olympics - Jul 30, 2012
- Nadal beats Murray, to meet Djokovic in Wimbledon final (Lead) - Jul 02, 2011
- Djokovic: Taking on Nadal in French Open final is ultimate challenge - Jun 09, 2012
Tags: andy murray, aug 2, dg, first olympic, jo wilfried tsonga, london, match, medallist, nicolas almagro, novak djokovic, olympic tennis, opponent, ria novosti, semi finals, semis, serbia, spain, straight sets, wilfried, winning 6