Olympic shooting: Narang, Rajput fail to qualifyAugust 6th, 2012 - 7:12 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 6 (IANS) Indian rifle shooters Gagan Narang and Sanjeev Rajput failed to qualify for the London Olympics finals of the men’s 50-metre rifle three positions here at the Royal Artillery Barracks Monday.
Narang, Olympic bronze medallist in 10m air rifle, finished 20th with a score of 1,164 while Rajput ended at 26th with 1,161.
Narang shot 398 in prone, 377 standing and 389 while kneeling. Rajput scored 395 in prone, 378 in standing and 388 while kneeling.
Italy’s Niccolo Campriani created an Olympic record scoring a total of 1,180 with an average of 9.833.
This also ends Narang’s campaign at the Games. He participated in two other events: the 10-metre air rifle event, where he won the bronze, and the 50-metre rifle prone.
- Olympic shooting: Curtains over India's successful campaign (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Olympics: Mary Kom ensures best medal haul for India (India Roundup) - Aug 06, 2012
- Olympics: Mary Kom ensures best medal haul for India (India Intro Roundup) - Aug 07, 2012
- Gagan wins silver in Kuwait Shooting Grand Prix - Mar 25, 2012
- I achieved what I came here to do: Narang - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympic shooting: Narang to take stance amid high expectations - Aug 02, 2012
- Annu Raj shoots silver at World Cup, books Olympics berth - May 17, 2011
- Shooter Narang opens medal count for India, wins bronze (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympics: Shooter Gagan Narang opens medal count with bronze (Second Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympics: India hope to get lion's share from the ranges (Preview) - Jul 27, 2012
- CWG shooting: Indians pick up two more golds (Lead) - Oct 08, 2010
- Olympics: Shooter Gagan wins India's first medal a bronze (India Roundup) - Jul 30, 2012
- PM congratulates Gagan Narang - Jul 30, 2012
- Gagan's father says more to come - Jul 30, 2012
- CWG shooting: Indians continue to dominate at Karni Singh Range (Night Intro) - Oct 08, 2010