Olympic sailing media venue evacuated after fireJuly 28th, 2012 - 12:32 am ICT by IANS
London, July 27 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A seafront complex where the British Olympic sailing team was due to hold a news conference was evacuated Friday due to a fire.
The evacuation at the Weymouth Pavilion complex, on the south coast of England, was still being conducted when members of the team arrived, including team coach Stephen Park and laser sailor Paul Goodison, the Olympic News Service reported.
A spokesman for Dorset police, Jamie Pringle, said the fire had been extinguished but would not give details on the cause or the size of the blaze.
“The fire is out,” he said.
Weymouth Bay and Portland Harbor host 10 sailing events over 14 days of competition that begin Sunday.
- Olympic sailing: Brit Ainslie takes fourth successive gold - Aug 05, 2012
- Ammo train explodes, sets off Siberia wildfire - Jul 26, 2012
- 12 die in Moscow fire - Apr 03, 2012
- British police arrest man over tweet to diver - Jul 31, 2012
- Russia's women's volleyball coach dies - Aug 29, 2012
- Fire breaks out at Moscow university - Dec 30, 2011
- Olympic sailing: Australia win men's 470 class gold - Aug 10, 2012
- Olympic cauldron extinguished for move - Jul 30, 2012
- Fire in Rome hospital injures 50 - Nov 06, 2010
- Olympic tennis: Britain's Murray reaches semis - Aug 02, 2012
- Japan pips Russia to women's archery bronze - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympics: Italian wins taekwondo gold - Aug 12, 2012
- Australian Seebohm sets record in backstroke heats - Jul 29, 2012
- Olympic sailing: Sweden takes gold - Aug 05, 2012
- Olympic sailing: Gold for Australia in men's 49er - Aug 08, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,