Olympic Kayak single gold for HungaryAugust 9th, 2012 - 6:23 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 9 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Hungary’s five-time world champion in various disciplines Danuta Kozak took Olympic gold in the women’s kayak single Thursday.
Kozak overtook defending Olympic champion Inna Osypenko-Radomska of Ukraine at the halfway stage and held her lead to finish first in 1:51.456 seconds.
Osypenko-Radomska took silver in 1:52.685, with South Africa’s Bridgitte Hartley just beating out Sweden’s Sofia Paldanius for bronze in 1:52.923.
It was Hungary’s second medal on the water Thursday after its men took silver in the kayak four final.
- Olympics: Canoe sprint gold for New Zealand's Carrington - Aug 11, 2012
- Olympics: Women's four gives Hungary second Kayak gold - Aug 08, 2012
- Olympics: Australia paddle to kayak four gold - Aug 09, 2012
- Olympics: Czech Knapkova glides to rowing gold - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympics: Ukrainian powers to men's canoe sprint gold - Aug 11, 2012
- Olympics: Norway's Larsen takes Kayak sprint gold - Aug 08, 2012
- Galstyan wins first gold for Russia in judo - Jul 28, 2012
- Olympic athletics: Russia's Antyukh storms to 400m hurdles gold - Aug 09, 2012
- Perfect Hancock grabs 2nd Olympic gold in skeet - Jul 31, 2012
- Olympics: McKeever wins canoe gold - Aug 11, 2012
- Olympics: Britain's McKeever speeds to canoe gold (Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Olympics: Weber, Dietze steer Germany to kayak double gold - Aug 09, 2012
- Olympic modern penthathon: Svoboda wins gold for Czechs - Aug 12, 2012
- Olympics: Germany's Brendel paddles to canoe gold - Aug 08, 2012
- Olympics: Russia storms to canoe sprint double gold - Aug 11, 2012