Olympic gymnastics: Russia win rhythmic gymnastics goldAugust 12th, 2012 - 10:12 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 12 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Russia emphatically captured the rhythmic gymnastics gold at the London Olympics Tuesday, finishing well clear of runners-up Belarus.
The Russians won with a total score of 57.000 after being awarded 28.300 for their spectacular final performance with ribbons and hoops.
Belarus finished second with a total of 55.500 points after scoring 27.675 on the final rotation, enough to leapfrog Italy and take the silver.
Italy were awarded 27.325 in the final for a total of 55.450.
This was Russia’s second gold in rhythmic gymnastics as Beijing gold medallist Evgenia Kanaeva defended her Olympic title in the individual all-around category Saturday with four exquisite performances.
- Olympic gymnastics: Exquisite Kanaeva twirls for rhythmic gold - Aug 11, 2012
- Olympic champion gymnast Kanaeva: I won't quit yet - Sep 13, 2012
- Olympic gymnastics: China's Zou Kai retains gold - Aug 05, 2012
- Russian gymnasts had phones confiscated at Olympics - Aug 16, 2012
- Olympics: Silver medallist Afanaseva may quit gymnastics - Aug 08, 2012
- Olympic boxing: Britain's Joshua wins super heavyweight gold - Aug 12, 2012
- Classy Uchimura wins all-around gymnastics gold - Aug 02, 2012
- Olympic weightlifting: Podobedova lifts Kazakhstan to gold - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympic volleyball: Russia beats Britain - Jul 29, 2012
- Olympic swimming: Russia takes synchronised team gold - Aug 10, 2012
- Olympic modern penthathon: Svoboda wins gold for Czechs - Aug 12, 2012
- Olympic gymanstics: Mustafina wins first women's gold for Russia - Aug 07, 2012
- Olympic gymnastics: Brazil's Zanetti takes gold - Aug 06, 2012
- Perfect Hancock grabs 2nd Olympic gold in skeet - Jul 31, 2012
- Olympic volleyball: Italy beats Bulgaria for bronze - Aug 12, 2012
Tags: beijing, evgenia, gold medallist, hoops, london olympics, olympic gymnastics, olympic title, olympics, rhythmic gymnastics, ria novosti russia, ribbons, runners, russians, score, silver italy, ss, vd