Olympic gymnastics: Brazil’s Zanetti takes goldAugust 6th, 2012 - 9:32 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 6 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Arthur Nabarrete Zanetti from Brazil Monday created a sensation when he won the gold medal bettering China’s reigning champion in the men’s rings final competition at the London Olympics.
Zanetti had never won a major title before he scored 15.900 to beat Chen Yibing, who scored 15.800.
Italy’s Matteo Morandi won bronze with a 15.733 score.
Russia’s Aleksandr Balandin and Denis Ablyazin both came close to a medal but failed to reach the podium, finishing fourth and fifth with 15.666 and 15.633, respectively.
- Olympic gymnastics: China's Zou Kai retains gold - Aug 05, 2012
- Olympics: Suhr soars over Isinbayeva, China still on top (World Roundup) - Aug 07, 2012
- Olympic gymnastics: Zou powers China to gold, Japan win silver - Jul 31, 2012
- Olympic gymnastics: South Korea's Yang wins men's vault - Aug 07, 2012
- Olympics: Zhe wins parallel bars gold for China - Aug 07, 2012
- Galstyan wins first gold for Russia in judo - Jul 28, 2012
- South Korea's Kim takes shooting gold in 25m pistol - Aug 02, 2012
- China's Chen takes badminton bronze - Aug 05, 2012
- Olympics: Back injury dashes Russian weightlifter's hopes - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympic modern pentathlon: Lithuania's Asadauskaite wins last gold - Aug 13, 2012
- Olympics judo: Cuba's Ortiz wins gold - Aug 04, 2012
- Danes snatch rowing gold from Britain - Aug 04, 2012
- Gold for France's Decosse in women's 70 kg judo - Aug 02, 2012
- US shooter Gray on target for rifle gold - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympic boxing: Bronze for Russia, Ireland - Aug 10, 2012