Olympic: Curtains for India’s double trap shooter Sodhi (Lead)August 2nd, 2012 - 8:10 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 2 (IANS) India’s ace double trap shooter Ronjan Sodhi, a strong medal prospect, was knocked out of the competition at the 2012 London Olympics after he finished 11th in the qualification at the Royal Artillery Barracks here Thursday.
Sodhi shot 48, 44 and 42 in the first three rounds to finish with a score of 134. He had an excellent first round after which he was the joint top-scorer.
But he started dropping clays in the second and the third. His worst performance was in the third where he managed just 42.
The top six shooters qualified for the final round. They were: Peter Wilson (Great Britain), Vasily Mosin (Russia), Fehaid Aldeehani (Kuwait), Vitaly Fokeev (Russia), Hakan Dahlby (Sweden) and Richard Bognar (Hungary).
Defending champion Walton Eller of the US, 2008 silver medallist Francesco D’Aniello and bronze medallist Hu Binyuan also failed to qualify.
- Olympic shooting: Curtains for India's double trap shooter Sodhi (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Olympics: Sodhi, Bhagwan disappoint for India (Evening Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Olympics: Superb Saina first Indian shuttler in Olympics semis (India Roundup) - Aug 02, 2012
- Russia's Leybo wins men's double trap at Olymic test event - Apr 24, 2012
- Asian Games shooting: Sodhi wins gold in double trap, team wins bronze - Nov 21, 2010
- Olympics: India hope to get lion's share from the ranges (Preview) - Jul 27, 2012
- Trap shooter Ronjan Sodhi helps India win third gold at Asian games - Nov 21, 2010
- Olympic shooting: India's double trap shooter Ronjan out - Aug 02, 2012
- Olympics: India on a medal count - Jul 27, 2012
- Asian Games shooting: Ronjan breaks India's gold jinx, bronze for double trap team (Lead) - Nov 21, 2010
- Asian Games: Sodhi wins double trap gold, women's archery team bronze (Afternoon Lead) - Nov 21, 2010
- Sodhi wins gold in World Cup shooting final - Oct 04, 2011
- Asian Games: Three gold medals lift India to eighth spot (Evening Roundup) - Nov 21, 2010
- Annu Raj shoots silver at World Cup, books Olympics berth - May 17, 2011
- Asian shooting: India win silver and two bronze in team events - Jan 14, 2012
Tags: 2012 london olympics, aniello, aug 2, bognar, bronze medallist, curtains, defending champion, double trap, great britain, hakan, mosin, olympics, peter wilson, royal artillery, shooters, silver medallist, top scorer, trap shooter, vasily, vitaly