Olympic-bound paddlers to play in Sweden, BrazilJune 1st, 2012 - 7:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 1 (IANS) A 14-member Indian team including Olympic-bound paddlers Soumyajit Ghosh and Ankita Das will be playing tournaments in Sweden and Brazil during June.
The sports ministry Friday approved the players’ participation in the Swedish Open at Helsingborg (June 7-10) and Brazil Open at Santos (June 13-17). Both events are recognised by the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF).
Besides Ghosh and Ankita, the contingent will comprise veteran Sharath Kamal and reigning national champion Anthony Amalraj.
“After the two events, Ghosh and Ankita will stay back in Austria ahead of the Olympics while the others will comeback,” Dhanraj Choudhary, secretary general, Table Tennis Federation of India, told IANS.
The London Olympics are scheduled for July 27-Aug 12.
- Olympic-bound paddlers leave for exposure trip - Jun 06, 2012
- Promising paddlers get a chance to qualify for London Olympics - Mar 20, 2012
- Best paddlers did not make London cut: Chief TT coach - May 30, 2012
- Olympics: India sack chief TT coach - Aug 02, 2012
- TT: Soumyajit, Ankita book London berth, heartbreak for Sharath - Apr 22, 2012
- PSPB paddlers likely to dominate - Aug 21, 2012
- Indian paddlers upbeat as they leave for Olympic qualifiers - Apr 16, 2012
- Sharath in Asian team for European TT tourney - Aug 21, 2012
- Teenager Ghosh aims to create a flutter in London - Jul 17, 2012
- Sharath-led Indian TT team leaves for final Olympic qualifier - May 08, 2012
- Sharath, Mouma help India move ahead in table tennis worlds - Mar 30, 2012
- Asian Junior TT: Boys team carries medal hopes - Jul 19, 2011
- London dreams of Indian paddlers shattered - May 12, 2012
- I am confident of making the Olympics: TT star Sharath Kamal - Feb 16, 2012
- Sharath Kamal close to sealing London berth - Apr 20, 2012
Tags: ankita, brazil, contingent, ghosh, helsingborg, India, international table tennis federation, ittf, kamal, london olympics, national champion, New Delhi, olympic, olympics, participation, secretary general, sports ministry, sweden, table tennis federation, veteran