Olympic athletics: Sudha Singh fails to impressAugust 4th, 2012 - 7:11 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 4 (IANS) India’s Sudha Singh finished 13th in heat 1 of the women’s 3,000-metre steeplechase Saturday, thus ending her participation in the London Olympics.
The Indian runner’s time of 9:48.86 was well behind Gesa Felicitas Krause of Germany, who won the opening heat in 9:24.91.
Sudha, who won gold at the 2010 Asian Games in Guangzhou, broke her own 3,000m steeplechase national record with a timing of 9:47.70.
It was another disappointing news from track and field events for India, and the only silver lining yet has been Krishna Poonia’s qualification into the finals of the women’s discus throw.
- Olympics: Saina wins India's third medal, Paes-Sania out (India Intro Roundup) - Aug 05, 2012
- Superb Saina wins India's third medal at London Olympics (India Round-up) - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympics: Super Saina wins bronze, Manoj Kumar loses (Roundup) - Aug 05, 2012
- Asian Games: Names of Indian medal winners - Nov 27, 2010
- A year to cherish for India's athletes (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 28, 2010
- Asian Games athletics: Sudha wins gold in 3000m steeplechase - Nov 21, 2010
- Steeplechase runner Sudha bags Olympic berth - Jun 08, 2012
- Asian Games athletics: Krishna wins women's discuss throw bronze - Nov 23, 2010
- Discus Thrower Krishna Poonia wins Gold for India at Commonwealth Games - Oct 11, 2010
- Asian Games athletics: Indian campaign starts with two golds, a silver (Lead) - Nov 21, 2010
- List of Indian athletes at London - Jul 26, 2012
- Krishna Poonia wins silver in US meet - May 05, 2012
- Olympics athletics: India's Krishna Poonia finishes seventh - Aug 05, 2012
- CWG results: Day eight - Oct 12, 2010
- Krishna Poonia bags silver in Portland meet - Jun 05, 2012