Olympic athletics: Felix wins 200m goldAugust 9th, 2012 - 3:38 am ICT by IANS
London, Aug 9 (IANS/RIA Novosti) America’s Allyson Felix won Olympic gold in the 200 metres sprint Wednesday.
Felix, the Beijing silver medalist, clocked 21.88 for gold, holding off 100 metres champion Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce of Jamaica by two tenths of a second.
Carmelita Jeter of the US, the 100 metres silver medalist, held on for bronze in 22.14.
Double Olympic champion Veronica Campbell-Brown, also of Jamaica, failed in her attempt to become the first female track athlete to retain her title twice.
- Olympics athletics: Fraser-Pryce wins women's 100m gold - Aug 05, 2012
- Olympics: Fraser-Pryce upbeat ahead of 100-m semis - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympics: Pryce retains 100m crown to make history (Lead) - Aug 05, 2012
- Olympics: Francis tips Fraser-Pryce for sprint double - Aug 06, 2012
- Campbell-Brown eyes Rio 2016 despite London disappointment - Aug 14, 2012
- Olympic athletics: Felix finally takes 200 metres gold - Aug 09, 2012
- Olympics: US takes on the Caribbean in women's 200m final - Aug 08, 2012
- Olympics: Fraser-Pryce through to 200 semis, Walker falls - Aug 07, 2012
- Jamaican sprinter appeals for help for junior athletes - Sep 10, 2012
- Olympic athletics: US women's quartet sets world record (Roundup) - Aug 11, 2012
- Bolt, Blake to lead Caribbean challenge - Aug 22, 2012
- Olympics: Veronica says it will be tough to retain 200m crown - Aug 02, 2012
- World Athletics: Veronica denies Jeter, Felix history - Sep 02, 2011
- Jamaican trio wins but Fraser-Pryce beaten again - Aug 27, 2012
- Bolt to lead Jamaican charge at World Championships - Aug 17, 2011
Tags: 100 metres champion, allyson felix, ann fraser, beijing, campbell brown, carmelita jeter, jamaica, london, olympic champion, olympic gold, pryce, ria novosti, shelly ann, silver medalist, sprint, tenths, track athlete, veronica campbell