Olympic athletics: Coach worried about Liu Xiang’s foot injuryAugust 3rd, 2012 - 10:21 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 3 (IANS) The coach of 2004 Olympic hurdles champion Liu Xiang said here Friday that he is troubled about his ward’s foot injury.
“His back problem is nothing to worry about, but his foot injury which has flared up is worrying me,” said coach Sun Haiping at Heathrow Airport, reports Xinhua.
Sun and Liu returned to London Friday from Germany where Liu trained for two weeks after he withdrew from a London athletics race because of back discomfort.
Liu, an icon in China, pulled out of the 2008 Beijing Olympics because of foot injury.
Sun said anyone who clocks between 12.90 and 19.95 seconds will likely win the 110m hurdles title in London.
“We are confident despite the injury. Just a little bit worried,” said Sun.
- China's Liu Xiang will be ready for Olympics: Coach - Jul 15, 2012
- Liu Xiang needs to run inside 12.95 for gold: coach - Jul 28, 2012
- Liu Xiang arrives in London, eying second Olympic gold medal - Jul 12, 2012
- China plays down expectations for dominance at Olympics - Jul 26, 2012
- Liu Xiang leads China's medal charge in London - Jul 09, 2012
- Star hurdler Liu Xiang wins Kawasaki meet - May 06, 2012
- Chinese juggernaut rolls on at Olympics (World Roundup) - Aug 08, 2012
- Olympic athletics: Merritt hurdles to 110m gold for US - Aug 09, 2012
- Rogge lauds athletes, says Olympics happy and glorious (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Olympics: Heartbreak for Liu and Idowu in Tuesday's qualification - Aug 07, 2012
- Liu dominates 110m hurdles, Powell takes 100m in Shanghai - May 20, 2012
- China's Liu likely to have surgery on injured foot - Nov 08, 2008
- Liu Xiang, Robles set for Birmingham showdown - Feb 10, 2012
- Chinese hurdler Liu hints London Games his last - Feb 18, 2012
- Liu Xiang equals men's 110m hurdles world record - Jun 03, 2012