Oliver Stone plans documentary on Hugo ChavezDecember 11th, 2008 - 1:38 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec 11 (ANI): After making a biopic on George W. Bush, American filmmaker Oliver Stone is planning to helm a documentary on Venezuelas controversial President Hugo Chavez.
The 62-year-old director has been working on the untitled project for six months and is hoping to have it ready for next year, reports Variety.
Stone was with Chavez in February during the dramatic rescue of hostages that Chavez helped to broker from the militant Columbian FARC group.
The will focus on the opposition faced by Chavez at home and abroad, especially from the Bush administration, which has been vocal in its distaste for the populist socialism espoused by Venezuela’’s president.
Stone’’s previous documentaries include “Comandante,” about Cuban President Fidel Castro, and “Persona Non Grata,” which began as a project about Yasser Arafat but eventually became a wider-reaching primer on the Palestinian-Israeli conflict. (ANI)
- Chavez heads back to Venezuela - Mar 17, 2012
- Diplomat's expulsion: Venezuela to close Miami consulate - Jan 14, 2012
- Fidel Castro meets cancer-stricken Hugo Chavez - Mar 03, 2012
- Venezuelan president wants Carter to join Libya mission - Mar 05, 2011
- Shakira has nothing to do with Chavez gift: Publicist - May 19, 2011
- Chavez returns to Cuba for treatment - Jul 18, 2011
- Fidel Castro To Celebrate His Friday The 13th Birthday Party? - Aug 13, 2010
- Venezuelan president starts blogging - May 26, 2010
- Venezuela president goes for last chemotherapy session - Sep 18, 2011
- Oliver Stone admires Hugo Chavez - May 30, 2010
- Chavez returns to Cuba for cancer treatment - Apr 09, 2012
- Venezuela to spend oil income on social programmes (Lead) - Apr 23, 2011
- Chavez vows to spend extra income from oil on social programmes - Apr 23, 2011
- Chavez back in Cuba for cancer treatment - Mar 26, 2012
- Ailing Chavez returns to Venezuela - Jul 05, 2011
Tags: american filmmaker, biopic, bush administration, columbian, controversial president, cuban president fidel, cuban president fidel castro, distaste, dramatic rescue, farc, fidel castro, george w bush, hostages, hugo chavez, oliver stone, palestinian israeli conflict, president fidel castro, president hugo chavez, untitled project, yasser arafat