NZC General Manager resigns over humiliating Bangladesh ODI seriesNovember 1st, 2010 - 4:32 pm ICT by ANI
Auckland, Nov 1(ANI): New Zealand Cricket’s General Manager Geoff Allot has resigned from his post following the Black Caps’ recent humiliating 0-4 ODI series loss to Bangladesh.
According to Stuff.co.nz, Allott will leave the national body at the end of this month.
Allott said that it became clear during his work on a long-term high-performance strategy that a different allocation of resources will be required in the future, and he has effectively restructured himself out of a job.
“This was reinforced to me during the recent review following the Bangladesh tour. I believe our elite athletes and teams need a combination of the best available high performance expertise and the knowledge of cricket experts who understand the technical aspects of the game,” Allott said.
“On that basis the high performance structure that I consider is best for cricket’s future would be different to the current structure, and with a different allocation of resources.”
“I have effectively restructured myself out of a job, but I truly believe this to be in the best interests of cricket,” he added.
Meanwhile, NZC Chief Executive Justin Vaughan praised Allott for his contribution to the national team.
“Geoff has made an enormous contribution to cricket in New Zealand. He was instrumental in the negotiation of the ground-breaking eight-year agreement with the Players Association and has lead the development of the high performance strategy with the unique insights that a former international cricketer can bring to the process,” Vaughan said. (ANI)
- I'm not a casualty of Bangladesh debacle, says resigned Kiwi cricket GM Allott - Nov 02, 2010
- New Zealand cricket manager to quit - Nov 01, 2010
- Signing of Buchanan as director seen as a coup for Kiwi cricket - Apr 17, 2011
- New Zealand Cricket call in high-performance guru - Mar 21, 2010
- New Zealand Cricket toying with idea of having separate Test, T20 coaches - Jan 23, 2011
- Buchanan likely to take over NZ cricket - Apr 10, 2011
- Buchanan confirmed as New Zealand cricket's director - Apr 15, 2011
- Being vice-captain does not guarantee Taylor future New Zealand captaincy: Vaughan - Feb 14, 2011
- Buchanan keen to make NZC a template for high-performance sport - Apr 16, 2011
- Buchanan likely to become New Zealand Cricket's director - Apr 08, 2011
- John Wright to leave NZ coaching job after Windies tour - May 01, 2012
- Buchanan appointed New Zealand cricket director - Apr 15, 2011
- John Wright named new coach of New Zealand - Dec 20, 2010
- Buchanan confident about cricket success for New Zealand - Apr 17, 2011
- Ross Taylor appointed New Zealand captain - Jun 21, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,