Now, Britain asks for CWG dues to be clearedJanuary 21st, 2011 - 5:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 21 (IANS) British High Commissioner Richard Stagg Friday asked India’s public broadcaster Prasar Bharti to clear dues of Rs.96 crore ($21 million approx) on account of the coverage of the Commonwealth Games in New Delhi. “SIS Live fulfilled its contractual obligations, against which all payments should have been made by now. The company is owed Rs.96 crore,” the British envoy said, a day after Australia raised with India the matter of unpaid bills of Australian firms for their work during the Oct 3-14 Games.
“It is not right that the company should be penalised in this way. We look forward to early resolution of this matter,” Stagg said.
“We are pursuing this matter with extreme urgency. SIS Live is a leading British broadcaster with over 70 years’ experience of covering major international sporting events,” the British envoy said.
He stressed that SIS Live’s coverage of the Delhi Commonwealth Games was widely praised as “first-class”.
Australia Thursday raised the issue of millions of dollars owed to its firms by the CWG Organising Committee with visiting External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna in Melbourne, who assured that he would take it up with the sports ministry.
- Now, Britain asks OC to clear CWG dues (Lead) - Jan 21, 2011
- Money-laundering case against suspended Prasar Bharti chief - Jun 21, 2011
- Shunglu panel finds Prasar Bharati contracts arbitrary, PMO warns stern action (Roundup) - Feb 01, 2011
- High definition coverage for Commonwealth Games - Aug 25, 2010
- Prasar Bharati awarded CWG contracts arbitrarily: Shunglu Committee (Lead) - Feb 01, 2011
- CBI raids Lalli's premises, files case for CWG corruption (Second Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- Shunglu Committee to submit three more CWG reports by Tuesday - Mar 27, 2011
- CWG scam: Shunglu panel likely to submit three more reports - Mar 29, 2011
- Shunglu panel blames CWG OC for delay in executing contracts - Mar 29, 2011
- Prasar Bharti justifies deal on telecast of 2010 Commonwealth Games - Oct 25, 2010
- CBI raids Lalli's premises, files graft case in CWG (Roundup) - Mar 04, 2011
- Stern action on Shunglu Committee's first report: PMO - Feb 01, 2011
- SC asks Centre to file CBI report on suspended Prasar Bharati CEO - Apr 01, 2011
- Payment to SIS Live with ministry's approval, says Lalli (Lead) - Oct 25, 2010
- Manmohan Singh warns of 'stern action' following Shunglu Committee's report - Feb 01, 2011
Tags: australia, bharti, british envoy, british high commissioner, commonwealth games, contractual obligations, external affairs minister, extreme urgency, first class, India, international sporting events, jan 21, krishna, melbourne, New Delhi, organising committee, public broadcaster, richard stagg, sports ministry, unpaid bills