Novak Djokovic wins Rogers CupAugust 15th, 2011 - 7:11 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Bermuda, 15 Aug (THAINDIAN NEWS) Top ranked Novak Djokovic is enjoying a tremendous year in 2011 after he picked his ninth title on Sunday. The Serbian tennis star won the Rogers Cup on Sunday beating Mardy Fish in the final game 6-2, 3-6, 6-4. Djokovic last won the Rogers Cup in 2007.
The 24-year-old is in the form of his life losing only one game in 2011. That loss came against Roger Federer at the semi-finals of the French Open in June. The Serbian has since recovered and his record for the year is 53-1. Djokovic doesn’t think he is invincible as some commentators suggest.
After picking the title, Djokovic told the audience that, “I am human — I can definitely assure you of that. I guess it’s just all about having a positive attitude on the court every day, waking up every day wanting to improve, wanting to win, being determined, being professional.”
He explained that he is motivated to win because he always resolve to beat whoever is at the other side of the court. The outcome of the game between Djokovic and Fish followed a certain trend: no win for Fish.
American brothers Bob and Mike Bryan failed to win the doubles final when they were beaten by Nemad Zimonjic and Michael Llodra 6-4, 6-7, 10-5.
- Djokovic wins Rogers Cup, eyes US Open - Aug 13, 2012
- Indian Wells: Federer thrashes Nadal, Isner shocks Djokovic - Mar 18, 2012
- Djokovic: Taking on Nadal in French Open final is ultimate challenge - Jun 09, 2012
- Djokovic beats Federer at Indian Wells to take world no.2 ranking - Mar 20, 2011
- Novak Djokovic Registers Second Australian Open Title, Beats Andy Murray - Jan 30, 2011
- Djokovic to face Ferrer in Sony Ericsson Open quarters - Mar 28, 2012
- Djokovic scrapes through to Rogers Cup semis - Aug 11, 2012
- Djokovic to miss Serbia's Davis Cup tie - Mar 28, 2012
- US Open: Djokovic, Federer, Williams advance as retirements continue - Sep 04, 2011
- Olympics: Bhupathi-Bopanna seeded seventh, Federer top seed - Jul 26, 2012
- US Open: Top seeds flare up in second round - Sep 02, 2011
- Nadal beats Murray, to meet Djokovic in Wimbledon final (Lead) - Jul 02, 2011
- Olympic tennis: Federer plays Murray in repeat of Wimbledon final (Lead) - Aug 04, 2012
- Murray wins Shanghai Masters, to replace Federer as World No.3 - Oct 16, 2011
- France take 2-0 lead over Argentina in Davis Cup - Sep 18, 2010
Tags: audience, bermuda, bob and mike, bob and mike bryan, commentators, final game, french open, having a positive attitude, mardy fish, michael llodra, novak djokovic, roger federer, rogers cup, semi finals, serbian, tennis star, zimonjic