Not thinking about World T20, focusing on IPL: Rohit SharmaMay 11th, 2012 - 7:37 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 11 (IANS) Even though the team selection for the Twenty20 World Cup round the corner, Indian cricketer and Mumbai Indians batsmen Rohit Sharma is instead focusing on doing well during the rest of the Indian Premier League.
“As far as the selection of the T-20 World Cup team is concerned it is a long way to go. It is in September. I don’t want to think about all that right now. Whatever matches are left I have to try and do well and try to win the cup for Mumbai Indians, rather than thinking about the selection,” said Sharma.
“It is very important that I do well here. Then things will fall in place for me,” he said.
Sharma also said batting with Sachin has helped him a lot.
“Batting with Sachin Tendulkar has helped me a lot. You guys must have seen that when we were batting together he always came up to me and discussed what needed to be done. I have really benefited a lot from him.”
- Rohit can be one of India's greatest cricketers: Warne - May 12, 2011
- Tendulkar opts out; Sehwag, Zaheer back for Lanka tour (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Rohit can be a good finisher: Dhoni - Mar 19, 2012
- Lara says Dhoni should get another chance - Jan 13, 2012
- Rohit out, Chawla in: No other surprises in World Cup squad (Second Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- Tendulkar would be happy to see an Indian break his record (Roundup) - Mar 25, 2012
- Will carry on as long as I enjoy my game: Tendulkar (Lead) - Mar 17, 2012
- Good team won us World Cup, not just captaincy: Sehwag - Jul 06, 2012
- Don't put pressure on Kohli, says Sachin Tendulkar - Mar 21, 2012
- IPL is changing the face of world cricket: Pollock - May 07, 2012
- Playing at home motivates me: Virender Sehwag (Interview) (World Cup Countdown) - Feb 01, 2011
- Sachin to play in Asia Cup, Sehwag rested (Lead) - Feb 29, 2012
- India can draw inspiration from Nottingham win four years ago (Preview) - Jul 28, 2011
- India should not tinker with the batting order: Wadekar - Mar 19, 2011
- Tendulkar to return home with hamstring injury - Jan 16, 2011