Nomar Garciaparra Retires From Major League BaseballMarch 11th, 2010 - 9:03 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Fort Myers, March 11, (THAINDIAN NEWS) On Wednesday, Nomar Garciaparra announced his retirement from the Major League baseball. The 36 year old player has been into this game for fourteen seasons, of which he played nine seasons for the Boston Red Sox. He has decided to end his playing career by playing for the club with whom he started it. Nomar Garciaparra on Wednesday signed a one day contract with Boston Red Sox.
Nomar Garciaparra has reportedly said that though he would have got the opportunity to end his career by playing for another team, he always dreamt of retiring from the game wearing a Boston Red Sox uniform. The player proclaimed how he always felt thrilled to play in front of the Boston audience and how he felt at home in Boston. John Henry, the owner of the Boston Red Sox team, on Wednesday expressed the team’s respect for the player and said that his contribution to the team and achievements make him one of the greatest Boston Red Sox player. He also added that the player will continue to hold the special position in the heart of the Boston Red Sox players and fans.
Nomar Garciaparra has his kitty full with other jobs after his retirement. According to his wife Mia Hamm, the player will join the ESPN team as a baseball commentator. He will likely appear in “Baseball Tonight”. The player himself has reportedly said that for the past few years he has spoken to many young players and this show will provide him with an opportunity to share his knowledge about the game with others.
- Jarrod Saltalamacchia Traded To Boston Red Sox - Aug 01, 2010
- Bobby Jenks Agrees To $2Million Deal With Boston Red Sox? - Dec 17, 2010
- Daniel Nava Goes For A Grand Slam - Jun 13, 2010
- Marco Scutaro Makes Preliminary Agreement With Boston Red Sox - Dec 05, 2009
- Legendary Manager Ralph Houk Dies At 90 - Jul 22, 2010
- Mike Cameron In Preliminary Agreement With Boston Red Sox - Dec 16, 2009
- Theo Epstein to be the new GM of Chicago Cubs - Oct 12, 2011
- Dustin Moseley Takes To Field A Day Earlier - Aug 09, 2010
- Dustin Pedroia Scores For Red Sox - Apr 05, 2010
- Magglio Ordonez will announce his retirement on Sunday at Comerica Park - May 30, 2012
- NJIT professor projects 2011 Major League Baseball winners using math - Apr 02, 2011
- Top footballer Bhaichung Bhutia ends his international career (Lead) - Aug 24, 2011
- Roma's American owner intends to acquire player from US - May 19, 2011
- Boston Red Sox moves to the top of the 'Al wild card chase' - Sep 28, 2011
- Pedro Martinez Throws The Ceremonial Pitch For The Boston Red Sox - Apr 05, 2010
Tags: audience, boston red sox, commentator, espn, fort myers, game, hamm, heart, jobs, john henry, kar, kitty, major league baseball, march 11, meena, nomar garciaparra, owner of the boston red sox, retirement, sox player, sox players