No score safe in IPL-VMay 10th, 2012 - 9:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 10 (IANS) No score is safe in a Twenty20 game. Five games have been lost by sides after scoring 170 or more runs in the ongoing fifth season of the Indian Premier League (IPL).
The first team to have faced such redemption was Chennai Super Kings. Chasing a target of 206 set by Royal Challengers Bangalore, Chennai lost their way in the middle overs but a quick fire 28 from seven balls by South African Albie Morkel got them over the line.
Bottom-placed Deccan Chargers found themselves on the losing side on three occasions. The latest being Deccan losing to Delhi Daredevils after posting 187 for four on board. A breathtaking century from Australian David Warner (109 of 54 balls) denied chargers a win.
In their match against Rajasthan Royals, their target of 197 was not enough as Rajasthan, with the help of Brad Hodge (48 of 21, chased down the score with two balls to spare.
Chris Gayle massacred Pune Warriors hopes of winning by scoring a 48-ball 81 with eight sixes and four fours. Gayle sent Rahul Sharma running for cover as he smashed five massive sixes in his over to change the course of the game.
AB de Villers (33 of 14) nudged up runs at the end but Saurab Tiwary (36 of 23)hit a boundary of the last ball, giving Bangalore (186 for four) a much needed win. Pune scored 182 for six in 20 overs.
Bangalore again found themselves in the riding seat when they defeated Deccan by five wickets. De Villers, scoring a 17 ball 47, sealed the match in 19th over. Deccan scored 181 for two.
- Royal Challengers knoked out, Chennai in play-offs (Second Lead) - May 20, 2012
- RCB's de Villiers tames Chargers for dramatic win (Lead) - May 07, 2012
- Rayudu, Pollard fashion sensational win for Mumbai Indians (Lead) - May 15, 2012
- Royals chase down 197 to beat winless Chargers - Apr 17, 2012
- Keen tussle on cards as Chargers looks to spoil RCB's party (Preview) - May 19, 2012
- Royal Challengers set 207 for Somerset in CLT20 tie - Oct 03, 2011
- Pune look to bounce back against Deccan Chargers - Apr 30, 2012
- We need to pick the best to partner Gayle, says Vettori - May 09, 2011
- Daredevils blown away by Gayle storm, hopes alive for Royal Challengers (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Deccan Chargers beat Pune Warriors for first IPL win - Apr 27, 2012
- Hussey, Gurkeerat keep Kings XI in playoff hunt (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Rajasthan Royals need a win against Pune Warriors - May 12, 2012
- Gayle stars as Royal Challengers beat Pune Warriors in a thriller (Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- Jadeja stars in Super Kings' 74-run win over Deccan Chargers (Lead) - Apr 08, 2012
- RCB look to maintain momentum against hapless Warriors - May 10, 2012
Tags: albie, challengers, chargers, chris gayle, daredevils, david warner, deccan, fifth season, five games, four fours, line bottom, New Delhi, premier league, rajasthan, redemption, sixes, target, two balls, villers, wickets