No rift in Indian dressing room: DravidJanuary 11th, 2012 - 5:05 pm ICT by IANS
Perth, Jan 11 (IANS) India’s veteran batsman Rahul Dravid Wednesday rubbished Australian media reports of a rift in the dressing room and defended the decision of some of the players to go for a go-karting session here at a time when the team has suffered two embarrassing losses in the first two Tests.
Dravid laughed off rumours of rift between India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Virender Shewag.
“When you do badly, suddenly everything is seen as wrong with the team. There is no truth (in Sehwag vs Dhoni reports) to those matters. As I said, the spirit of the team is really good,” Dravid said.
Defending his team mate decision to skip nets for go-karting session, Dravid said: “One of the good things about travelling abroad is you are in a bit of a cocoon. You don’t gauge what’s happening back home. There’s a sense of disappointment with the results so far, we would certainly like to do better but the spirit of the team is very good.”
Dravid also said that the team was not bothered about comments from Australian vice captain Brad Haddin, who said Indians are fragile.
“We haven’t bothered (with Haddin comments) really. There are five days of important cricket to worry about and there is no time about anything else to be honest. You don’t need anyone’s comment to motivate yourself. We are not even bothered” he said.
Dravid said young Indian batsmen have a daunting task in hand and the seniors will always help them out.
“There’s no formal talk as such. In the course of spending time in dressing room, at team dinners or go-karting for that matter, conversations can happen which are useful. It’s not like a powerpoint presentation, that’s not how teams work. We speak to each other, juniors to seniors and seniors to juniors, and it’s always a healthy conversation,” he said.
- Irfan, media manager deny reports of rift in team - Feb 24, 2012
- Zaheer defends go-karting session, backs India to do well at Perth - Jan 10, 2012
- Dhoni rubbishes reports of rift in dressing room - Feb 25, 2012
- No rift in team, Australians must be dreaming: Dhoni - Jan 12, 2012
- Dhoni, Shewag rubbish reports of rifts in Indian dressing room (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Australian media accuses Sehwag of creating rift in team - Jan 10, 2012
- The 2008 Perth win should inspire troubled India (Preview) - Jan 12, 2012
- Inside none of us felt right about Bell incident: Dhoni - Aug 02, 2011
- India must clear cobwebs in mind and play fearless cricket: Ganguly - Jan 12, 2012
- Dhoni not interested in Test cricket: Ganguly - Jan 13, 2012
- Dhoni did the right thing by recalling Bell: Kumble - Aug 01, 2011
- We have not played to our potential: Dhoni - Aug 13, 2011
- Sehwag says seniors don't need to retire - Jan 28, 2012
- Rumours of rifts in Indian team is rubbish, says Sehwag - Jan 12, 2012
- Former captains pay rich tributes to Dravid at BCCI ceremony - Mar 27, 2012
Tags: captain brad, cocoon, conversations, daunting task, disappointment, dressing room, gauge, indian batsmen, juniors, mahendra singh dhoni, perth, powerpoint presentation, rahul dravid, rumours, sehwag, seniors, spending time, team mate, vice captain, virender shewag