No Pak player in IPL 4 auctionsDecember 7th, 2010 - 5:05 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Dec 7 (ANI): No Pakistani cricketer will be included in the fourth edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL).
According to sources, the IPL governing council has decided to keep Pakistani players away from the auctions for IPL 4.
The decision has been taken keeping in mind the ongoing probe into match-fixing allegations by the International Cricket Council (ICC), the sources added.
Three Pakistani players- Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Amir were charged under Article 2 of the ICC Anti-Corruption Code on September 2, and have been provisionally suspended since then.
More recently, a secretly filmed video showed alleged bookmaker Mazhar Majeed boasting of connections with four other Pakistani cricketers- Kamran Akmal, Umar Akmal, Wahab Riaz and Imran Farhat.
It is noteworthy that no Pakistani player was included in the last edition of IPL as well. (ANI)
- ICC extends 'scandal-hit' Pak's deadline for naming World Cup squad until Jan 5 - Dec 17, 2010
- Bookie accuses Akmal brothers, others, of spot-fixing - Dec 01, 2010
- Bookie reveals Pak players Wahab, Kamran, Umar, Imran also involved in spot-fixing - Dec 01, 2010
- Pakistan drop Riaz over spot-fixing links - Nov 21, 2011
- Kamran, Naved in 30-man preliminary Pak World Cup squad - Jan 05, 2011
- Akmal brothers, Riaz named in spot-fixing trial - Oct 07, 2011
- PCB not to suspend cricketers till investigations are over - Aug 31, 2010
- PCB recalls Younus to Test and T20 squads, overlooks Malik, Akmal, Yousuf - Dec 01, 2010
- Spot-fixing case: Pak players went out of way to entertain bookie Mazhar, reveals Najam - Jan 10, 2011
- Seven Pak players ignored for South Africa series due to 'spot-fixing' scandal: Sources - Oct 09, 2010
- Butt agreed to 'bat maiden over': Court - Oct 06, 2011
- Younis ignored for Pak teams for England tour - Jun 21, 2010
- Pakistan include Akmal in probables for Twenty20 World Cup - Feb 26, 2010
- The guilty should never play for Pakistan again: Raja - Nov 02, 2011
- ICC asks PCB asks to 'drop tainted' players for ODI series against England - Aug 31, 2010
Tags: allegations, amir, auctions, butt, corruption, governing council, imran farhat, international cricket council, ipl, majeed, match, mohammad asif, New Delhi, pakistani cricketer, pakistani cricketers, premier league, riaz, umar