No ill feelings despite Oz World Cup snub, says Hopes

January 24th, 2011 - 5:38 pm ICT by ANI  

Sydney, Jan 24(ANI): Australian all-rounder James Hopes has said that he has no ill feelings against the national selectors despite the World Cup snub.

Hopes was overlooked for Australia’s 15-man squad for the two-month tournament, starting on February 19.

“That is the way it goes mate. It was a goal of mine for a few years to make that squad,” Fox Sports quoted Hopes, as saying.

“And I suppose when they picked the Sri Lanka squad early on and I wasn’t in that, they decided to go a different way. If I don’t play for Australia again, I don’t play for Australia again,” he added.

The 33-year-old, however, insisted that he was in good enough form to earn national selection.

“I thought I had been going OK, especially at the start of the Big Bash, I thought I would have been in there with some kind of chance,” Hopes said.

“But the guys going over, they picked a squad that can win the World Cup, and I’m hoping they do because four in a row would be pretty good,” he added. (ANI)

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Sports |

Subscribe