No Champions League fears for Liverpool: GerrardMarch 19th, 2009 - 2:26 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 19 (ANI): Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard insists that his club fears nobody left in the competition ahead of Fridays Champions League draw for the quarterfinals.
Gerrard reckons Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal are quaking in their boots at the prospect of being paired with Liverpool.
The Reds lived up to their ranking as the number one team in Europe after sweeping Real Madrid aside 5-0 on aggregate in the round of 16.
Fridays draw could pit the Anfield club against the likes of Barcelona, Manchester United or Chelsea, but Gerrard claims the only fear will come from the opposition following Liverpools impressive form in recent weeks.
We are not running scared of anybody. We will take who we get and believe that we are going to go through, he said.
If you are asking me about a fear factor in the Champions League, then I think it is the other seven teams in the draw who are going to have concerns about coming up against us after that Real Madrid result, he said.
Gerrard marked his 100th Euro appearance with a double against Real, leaving him level with Bayerns Miroslav Klose as joint Champions League leading scorers on seven.
Yet it was Liverpools first-half display against the Spanish giants, which really left the Kop captain purring, regardless of his own personal milestone, The Sun reported.
Things are certainly looking good for the Reds than at any stage of the season, with Fernando Torres also hitting peak form after a hamstring-dogged campaign. (ANI)
- Europa League win will help lift gloom at Liverpool: Benitez - Feb 24, 2010
- Man City plotting 40 m pound move for Gerrard - May 10, 2010
- Liverpool unveil Rodgers as new manager - Jun 01, 2012
- Manchester United stay in hunt as Chelsea suffer setback - Dec 27, 2011
- Real Madrid' set for spectacular 30-mn pound swoop for Steven Gerrard - Oct 24, 2009
- Gerrard becomes the top-scoring Brit player in Europe - Feb 26, 2010
- Gerrard vows to beat Chelsea to give rivals Man U title boost - Apr 27, 2010
- Injured Michael Owen ruled out for six weeks - Nov 15, 2011
- Fergie, Benitez criticize Premier League for timing of end-of-season fixtures - May 01, 2010
- Manchester City top Premier League as Bolton takes emotional win - Mar 25, 2012
- Mourinho commits future to Madrid after Champions League failure - Apr 26, 2012
- Gerrard still devastated by Xabi Alonso's loss to Real Madrid - Nov 05, 2009
- Mourinho's move to Real Madrid has Premier League clubs in panic - May 24, 2010
- Arsenal to play AC Milan in Champions League knockout stage - Dec 17, 2011
- Gerrard returns as Liverpool fights back to beat Newcastle - Dec 31, 2011
Tags: aggregate, arsenal, boots, captain steven, champions league draw, chelsea, fear factor, fears, fernando torres, fridays, giants, liverpool, manchester united, miroslav klose, opposition, personal milestone, quarterfinals, real madrid, reds, steven gerrard