Nigeria calls up five overseas players for Peru friendlyMay 3rd, 2012 - 5:53 pm ICT by IANS
Abuja (Nigeria), May 3 (IANS) Nigeria’s coach Stephen Keshi has called up five foreign-based players for their May 23 friendly against Peru.
The players are Turkey-based Ekigho Ehiosun, Gege Soriola of Free State Stars in South Africa, Obiora Nwankwo and Nnamdi Oduamadi of Italian clubs Parma and Torino and Raheem Lawal of Spanish side Atletico Belaeres.
“Coach Keshi hopes the foreign-based players can play to go top of their game at the moment,” team spokesman Ben Alaiya was quoted as saying by Xinhua Wednesday.
The players are expected to report to the national team’s training camp May 6 in Abuja.
- Nigeria's football team to host Arsenal in August - Jun 29, 2012
- Liberia to play Senegal in FIFA World cup qualifier - May 31, 2012
- Euro 2012: Police raid casts shadow on Italian team's fate - Jun 03, 2012
- Nnamdi Asomugha's status is yet to be decided because of his knee injury - Nov 25, 2011
- Athletico Madrid sign Uruguayan winger Rodriguez - May 29, 2012
- Striker Fabiano recalled to Brazil squad - Sep 12, 2012
- India boosts presence in West Africa with trade, cooperation - May 18, 2012
- Manzano faces difficult night in Vicente Calderon - Dec 13, 2011
- Eagles soar into the unknown (Group B team profile) - May 27, 2010
- Juventus kick-off season with win - Aug 26, 2012
- Nigeria to set up 28 plastic recycling plants - May 13, 2011
- India to help boost Nigeria's air defences - May 17, 2012
- Airtel ranked best operator by Nigerian telecom regulator - May 11, 2012
- U.S. warns of terrorist attacks in Nigerian capital - Nov 07, 2011
- Nigeria to send astronauts aloft by 2015 - May 18, 2012