Nick Bell Loses His Battle Against CancerNovember 4th, 2010 - 3:17 am ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Nov 3, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Mississippi State defensive end Nick Bell died last Tuesday after losing his battle with cancer. The player breathed his last at the University of Alabama-Birmingham Hospital. Nick Bell was diagnosed with cancer after he experienced headache during his football practices. The 20 year old player underwent a surgery on October 1 to remove a tumor from his brain. His family said that Nick Bell had to undergo an emergency surgery after it was found that the cancer has spread throughout his body.
The death of the young footballer has brought in a wave of sorrow among everybody in his team. Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen expressed his condolence at the unfortunate demise of Nick Bell and said that the footballer was a “brother” to everyone in the “football family”. The coach said that he knows that Nick Bell is looking down on everyone and now he is sure that he has already been picked for a team in “heaven” to play football, the game loved. The coach said that the football team is “hurting” right at this time and the team members are learning to cope with their profound loss. He also added that the team is learning to deal with the “grief” for the first time.
Dan Mullen’s wife, Megan Mullen said that there are few people in the world who are born with unique ability to light up a room and Nick Bell was one of “those extraordinary individuals”. She also added that every person in the team is a better person today for “having Nick” in their lives. Nick Bell played in four games this season which included two starts and seven tackles. Mississippi State University has asked everyone to keep Nick Bell and his family in their thoughts and prayers at their difficult time.
- Dan Mullen To Replace Urban Meyer As Florida Gators Coach? - Dec 09, 2010
- San Jose State Defeated By Top Ranked Alabama 48-3 - Sep 05, 2010
- 2011 LSU vs. Mississippi State - Sep 16, 2011
- New tool opens alternate door to prostate cancer diagnosis - Apr 03, 2011
- Gator Bowl Decides To Invite MSU And Michigan - Dec 06, 2010
- Mississippi State bans players from using Twitter - Feb 04, 2011
- Krasnozhan replaces Petrescu at Kuban - Aug 16, 2012
- Dan Hawkins Fired From Colorado Buffaloes? - Nov 09, 2010
- Roma coach ecstatic after win over Napoli - Dec 19, 2011
- Alabama Defeats Arkansas By 24-20 In NCAA Football - Sep 26, 2010
- Running Back Trent Richardson Fills In Mark Ingram's Shoes Deftly - Sep 12, 2010
- Dhoni and his boys hailed for recalling Bell - Aug 01, 2011
- Kuranyi puts faith in Petrescu to rescue Dynamo - Aug 20, 2012
- Floyd Raven's Mom Forged Letter Of Intent To Mississippi - Feb 03, 2011
- Alabama State University Wins With 24-3 Lead Over Penn State University Team - Sep 12, 2010
Tags: better person, condolence, emergency surgery, football family, football practices, football team, footballer, four games, gina gomez, last tuesday, megan mullen, mississippi state university, nick bell, profound loss, state coach, thoughts and prayers, unfortunate demise, university of alabama birmingham, university of alabama birmingham hospital, wave of sorrow