NFL player Gaines Adams found dead at S.C. homeJanuary 17th, 2010 - 11:55 pm ICT by BNO News
GREENWOOD, SOUTH CAROLINA (BNO NEWS) — National Football League (NFL) player Gaines Adams was pronounced dead at a hospital in Greenwood, South Carolina on Sunday morning, officials said. He was 26.
Gaines Adams was a defensive end for the Chicago Bears of the NFL and was pronounced dead at the emergency room of Self Regional Memorial Hospital.
Adams’ girlfriend found Adams early Sunday at his Dublin Street home and alerted authorities. “EMS brought him to the emergency room of Self Regional Memorial Hospital and pronounced him dead at 8.21 [a.m. local time],” Greenwood County Coroner Jim Coursey said.
Coursey said an autopsy would be conducted in Anderson on Sunday and is expected to be finished by the end of the day. The coroner described Adams as being in good health before he died and had no record of any prior health conditions.
There was no immediate word on a possible cause of death, and Coursey called it a death investigation.
The Greenwood County Sheriff’s Office did not immediately provide more information.
- NFL player Gaines Adams dies of cardiac arrest at S.C. home - Jan 18, 2010
- NFL player Gaines Adams dead at 26 - Jan 17, 2010
- NFL player Gaines Adams died of cardiac arrest - coroner - Jan 18, 2010
- Chicago Bears Player Gaines Adams Dies At 26 - Jan 18, 2010
- Man Killed by Rooster at California Cockfight - Feb 09, 2011
- Season 5 ‘Bachelorette’ Contestant Julien Hug Found Dead - Nov 06, 2010
- Coroner's Office: Pomona Teenager didn't die due to spider bite - Jun 23, 2010
- Monkees star Davy Jones dies at 66 - Mar 01, 2012
- Guard killed in US prison riot - May 22, 2012
- 13-Year-Old Motorbike Racer Peter Lenz Dies During Warm-Up Crash - Aug 30, 2010
- Cause of Sage Stallone's death still unknown - Jul 16, 2012
- US woman, 80, with no training, lands plane - Apr 03, 2012
- Strong earthquake strikes the U.S. East Coast, widely felt - Aug 24, 2011
- MMA Fighter Michael Kirkham Dies After Sustaining Injuries In Debut Match - Jun 29, 2010
- Ohio Boy Accused Of Shooting His Mother - Jan 04, 2011
Tags: autopsy, bno, cause of death, chicago bears, county coroner, county sheriff, coursey, death investigation, dublin street, emergency room, ems, gaines adams, good health, greenwood county, greenwood south carolina, health conditions, national football league, nfl player, regional memorial hospital, sunday morning