Neymar, Messi in charity matchApril 1st, 2012 - 2:38 pm ICT by IANS
Rio de Janeiro, April 1 (IANS) Santos star striker Neymar has been invited to take part in a charity match featuring Argentina’s superstar Lionel Messi.
The friendly match will consist of a team made made of ‘Friends of Messi’. The other team will have international stars and the best footballers from around the world, Xinhua reported.
Neymar is expected to participate in the match, marking his third direct match-up against the reigning FIFA Most Valuable Player (MVP).
In both previous meetings, Messi got the best of his Brazilian counterpart, winning 4-0 in the finals of the 2011 FIFA Club World Cup and previously leading Argentina to a friendly win over Brazil in 2010.
The charity match is to take place June 21 in Bogota.
- Neymar dreaming of final against Boca - May 26, 2012
- Maradona calls Pele 'idiot' for comments on Messi - Jun 10, 2012
- Mano Menezes wants Neymar playing in Europe - Mar 12, 2012
- Barcelona aim to unite Neymar and Messi - Mar 11, 2012
- Barcelona in 60 million-euro deal for Neymar - Jul 16, 2012
- Robinho expected to return to Santos from AC Milan - Mar 23, 2012
- Neymar charters luxury jet for Santos match - Aug 16, 2012
- Deco awarded Player of the Week - Mar 10, 2012
- Santos reach Sao Paulo state championship final - Apr 30, 2012
- Neymar scores 100th career goal on birthday - Feb 06, 2012
- Brazil to play three strikers at Olympics - Jul 17, 2012
- Striker Fabiano recalled to Brazil squad - Sep 12, 2012
- Santos accuses Brazil confederation of burning out Neymar - Jun 15, 2012
- Ronaldinho out of Brazil squad - May 12, 2012
- Neymar struck by missile in Santos defeat - Apr 26, 2012
Tags: april 1, argentina, best footballers, bogota, brazil, charity, club world cup, counterpart, fifa club world cup, friendly match, international stars, june 21, lionel, messi, mvp, neymar, rio de janeiro, star striker, superstar, xinhua