Neymar ensures Santos victory over FlamengoSeptember 13th, 2012 - 10:06 pm ICT by IANS
Rio de Janeiro, Sep 13 (IANS) Striker Neymar and 16-year-old winger Victor Andrade scored two goals in as many minutes as late-rallying Santos defeated Flamengo 2-0 in Brazil’s Serie A championship.
Substitute Andrade broke the deadlock with a deftly chipped shot over goalkeeper Felipe before Neymar scored in almost identical fashion four minutes from time at Santos’ Vila Belmiro Stadium Wednesday, reports Xinhua.
Neymar praised his younger teammate but admitted the teenager needed to keep his emotions in check after he received a yellow card for removing his shirt after scoring.
“I told him to clam down - that there was on need to get so excited,” Neymar said.
“But he showed that he has plenty of talent and is going to be a great player.”
In other games, Ronaldinho’s Atletico Mineiro defeated Sao Paulo 1-0, Vasco da Gama beat Palmeiras 3-1, Corintians drew 1-1 with Ponte Preta while Flamengo overcame Portuguesa 2-0 away.
- Ronaldinho's Atletico falters, Vasco stays top - Jun 18, 2012
- Ronaldinho scores first goal for Atletico Mineiro - Jun 24, 2012
- Felipe brace sends Vasco da Gama into Rio Cup final - Apr 23, 2012
- Ronaldinho rediscovers magic in debut for new club - Jun 10, 2012
- Ronaldinho's Atletico Mineiro return to top of Brazil's Serie A - Aug 10, 2012
- Ganso scores twice as Santos thrash Catanduvense - Apr 16, 2012
- Internacional's Fabricio and Datolo deny Flamengo victory - May 27, 2012
- Fred keeps Fluminense on top - Sep 10, 2012
- Neymar double continues Santos revival - Aug 26, 2012
- Santos reach Sao Paulo state championship final - Apr 30, 2012
Tags: 1 corintians, atletico mineiro, clam, deadlock, emotions, flamengo rio de janeiro, four minutes, goalkeeper, neymar, preta, rio de janeiro, ronaldinho, sao paulo, striker, teammate, vasco da gama, vila, winger, xinhua, yellow card