New Zealand stretch lead to 217 against India (Lunch Report)November 16th, 2010 - 2:12 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Nov 16 (IANS) Brendan McCullum was unbeaten on 171 as New Zealand cruised to 339 four four in the second innings against India at lunch on the fifth day as the second cricket Test headed towards a draw here Tuesday.
Resuming at 237 for four, McCullum and Kane Williamson (66*) scored briskly as 102 runs were scored in the first session of the day at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium at Uppals. New Zealand made 350 runs in the first innings and then bowled out India for 472.
McCullum and Williamson, with their unbroken 118-run stand for the fifth wicket, gave New Zealand a lead of 217.
Indian bowlers failed to make any breakthrough, despite the return of Zaheer Khan, who missed a large part of Monday’s action following an abdominal strain.
Both McCullum and Williamson played with ease and used their feet well against the Indian spinners as runs flowed freely from both ends.
Williamson started on an attacking mode hitting Sreesanth for three fours in the very first over. Williamson got his fifty with a paddle-sweep off Pragyan Ojha that earned him two runs and in the next ball punched the left-arm spinner through point for his ninth boundary.
McCullum, who was dropped on 148 at forward short leg by Cheteshwar Pujara off Harbhajan, took some time with get the two runs for his 150. But after he reached the landmark, McCullum found his attacking sense, and toyed with the spin duo of Harbhajan and Ojha.
- McCullum's double ton helps New Zealand draw Test (Roundup) - Nov 16, 2010
- New Zealand set India 327-run target (Tea Report) - Nov 16, 2010
- Lunch scoreboard: India vs New Zealand, Second Test, Day 5 - Nov 16, 2010
- India tighten grip on first Test against New Zealand (Roundup) - Aug 24, 2012
- New Zealand 237/4 in second innings on Day four - Nov 15, 2010
- First Test: Ashwin spins India to innings victory (Roundup) - Aug 26, 2012
- Ryder, Williamson defy Indian attack (Tea Report) - Nov 06, 2010
- McCullum double ton takes New Zealand to 448/8 - Nov 16, 2010
- New Zealand 339/4 at lunch on fifth day - Nov 16, 2010
- New Zealand choose to bat against India - Aug 31, 2012
- India opt to bat against New Zealand - Aug 23, 2012
- Scoreboard: India vs New Zealand, Second Test, Day five - Nov 16, 2010
- India vs New Zealand: Scoreboard at tea - Sep 01, 2012
- Tea scoreboard: India vs New Zealand, day five, second Test - Nov 16, 2010
- New Zealand overhaul India's lead in Hyderabad Test (Tea report) - Nov 15, 2010
Tags: abdominal strain, breakthrough, brendan mccullum, cricket test, fifth day, indian bowlers, kane, landmark, left arm, lunch report, new zealand, ojha, pujara, rajiv gandhi international stadium, short leg, spinner, spinners, sreesanth, wicket, zaheer khan